Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which jockey wheels for my mech?
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

The emergency has been sorted, so I’m alright for thursday but I still need some new jockey wheels for my mech.

I’m looking at BBB Roller Boys but I don’t know which ones I need, it’s confusing me a bit and I’m pretty decent with techy stuff.

I’ve got a SRAM X9 9 speed mech but I’m not sure on the year. It uses bearings in the lower jockey wheel and bushings in the upper.

http://www.dotbike.com/p/3992

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Any ideas?

argoose
    Free Member

used these on a shimano xt lasted two rides, threw them in bits box. no free play in top wheel, lots of ghost shifting unless set up spot on.
    try to source OE parts best

fivespot
    Free Member

If they fit, Shimano always seem to last for me. Tried the fancy KCNC ones a while back, they only lasted a few weeks before bearings were ****.

njee20
    Free Member

I like Mt Zoom ones, got some of the ultralight ones in June, and the anodising is showing a few signs of wear, otherwise fine. Keep meaning to change them over winter, but they just keep working, so I can’t really be bothered!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at the MT Zoom ones but they don’t have anything that will fit the upper jockey wheel.

So, anybody know which ones will fit my derailleur. The bottom uses bearings and a single hole through the middle and the upper runs on the bushings and has a hole for the bolt and an indent. I’m confused!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Tacx sealed stainless bearings jockey wheels are ace replacements for OEM parts.

RustyMac

The BBB sram compatable ones will fit BDP-05, they are provided with a heap of different inserts. When you get them you will have a puzzle to figure out which ones you need but I just matched like for like with my knackered ones.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks. Do the SRAM compatible ones come with some bearings as that’s what is in my lower jockey wheel?

Northwind

Rollerboys have worked very well for me, got a set in a mech that’ve lasted ages. They’ve needed the clamshell opening up and cleaning out a couple of times though. I don’t know about compatability though- mine went into an old X9 with the metal shells on the wheels, rather that the new X9 with the jockey wheels with holes in.

Wally

2nd Tacx sealed stainless bearings jockey pack has bushes for SRAM and Shimano. Decathlon is cheapest. £9

RustyMac

Yes and no, you will get 2 jocky wheels just like the picture on the dotbike site with a ring of sealed bearings, you then get glass fiber bushes you slide inside to fit the type of fitting you need. there are then 2 covers that you can part fill with oil, they push together and fit in place of the regular sram jockey wheels.

So far they seem to be working well on my bike, can’t vouch for longevity yet but they are lasting fine through the crappy weather i have been biking in.

RustyMac

double post

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks, Mac. Much appreciated.

RustyMac

there is a phone number on the home page of the dotbike website give them a ring in the moring before you order if you are in doubt i’m sure they will advise which will work best for your mech

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

BBB didn’t last for me, had to strip them down after a few rides, one was trashed, the other is ok 4 months later

getonyourbike
    Free Member

well, I’ve just ordered some. Hopefully I’m sorted. Cheers again, Mac.

RustyMac

No problem, if for some weird and wonderfull reason they don’t fit and you can’t return them i’ll take them off your hands for retail price so you don’t loose out.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Wow, you are generous bloke! If you were near me and I was legally allowed to buy you a pint, I would 😆

RustyMac

Could do with the spares and would hate to give out duff advice. Don’t for a second think i’d be this generous over an expensive bike bit 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which jockey wheels for my mech?’ is closed to new replies.