Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which is faster – Rocket Ron on Racing Ralph?
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I can’t really tell them apart from the tread patterns.

gee
    Free Member

Ralph has a slightly thicker and more cut resistant carcass. The Ron has the same carcass as the Furious Fred, so thin. Usually the Ralph is good when it’s dry and the Ron better on muddy or loamy soil. Careful on rocks though. The snakeskin version of the Ralph is much more durable for little weight penalty. Ron isn’t available in snakeskin. The Ralph is also available in Double Defense which is like riding solid tyres. Yuk.

njee20
    Free Member

Ron Snakeskins will be available for 2012 allegedly.

I’d echo Gee’s thoughts though generally. I really like the Ron as an all rounder. If you want fast combine with a Fred on the back. If I’m going anywhere with rocks I’d use Ralphs instead.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I had noticed the Furious fred is markedly lighter – too light for me for a dry to intermediate tyre in standard guise – but the UST Fred looks to be a more sensible weight, and one would assume, better durability again.

Edit: I mean Rocket Ron in UST

Clink

Crikey! 😯 You building a race bike Burgess?!?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

No, not faintly. You’ve just been spending too much time with your fast friends! 😉

Clink

Ear is ok btw – some ‘nice’ bruises on arm and side though!

reboundsuspension
    Free Member

Ralph faster but sidewalls are like paper

njee20
    Free Member

If you’re talking UST then Ralph, but I’d not get the USTs – they’re chuffing heavy and expensive. IMO the USP of Schwalbe is that they work, while being light.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which is faster – Rocket Ron on Racing Ralph?’ is closed to new replies.