• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wl.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which is bettet? a monarch r , or a fox float ctd?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

So, I can’t decide if having the fox shock, is worthwhile. It’s for a design that doesn’t need a pro pedal shock.

What are your thoughts?

the_lecht_rocks

absoloutley nothing between them other than cosmetis=cs TBH

iridebikes
    Free Member

Yeah that’s what I thought, I. don’t care about the cosmetics, just the damping.

What makes you say that though?

iridebikes
    Free Member

Anyone else?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m chuffed to bits with the CTD that was sent to me as a warranty replacement for the Fox Triad on my Camber…so much so that I bought one for my Wolf Ridge and am extremely happy with the results.

I’ve never tried the Monarch though, so I can’t really compare. LoCo is the guy to ask.

Mugboo

My Mega came with a Monarch. Loco has tuned it for me and it’s perfect 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

It depends on if you like adjusting your compression damping. I could ride my bike without using the compression adjust but I prefer it with.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are they both stock with a bike or aftermarket?
    Both probably but the one that is tuned to you and the bike will be better

iridebikes
    Free Member

Well both are tuned to the bike, a transition covert. I don’t care for the ctd adjustments, just which will feel better?

I think I’ll just go with the monarch to be honest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sorry I reckon I missed a couple of words there – whichever is better tuned to you and the bike – depends how RS & Fox read the request.

ART

The Fox Float is a better shock, get that.

wl
    Free Member

I had this dilemma a couple of weeks ago. Couple of bits of info I had that might be useful. Firstly, TF Tune recommended me the Fox over the Monarch when I spoke to them. Not sure if this is about brand allegiance or what, but in no uncertain terms the technician I spoke to reckoned the Fox was a better / more reliable shock. Something else – people I know who use the CTD say ignore the settings – they’re unhelpful and confusing. Descend mode is supposed to be crap, so they use the Trail setting for descending. There’s also a spacer you can easily fit inside the shock, which alters the compression and stops the blow-through people sometimes talk about.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which is bettet? a monarch r , or a fox float ctd?’ is closed to new replies.