Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which ipad notes app?
  • Kryton57

I just came into possession of an apple pencil, but i usually use onenote with a keyboard.   Needs to share across ipad and MacBook.

Ta

Drac

Notability

somouk
    Free Member

I use OneNote still.

Kryton57

So with one note, how are you getting writing-to-text?

paul_m

I use MyScript Nebo.  Write all my notes in that and then use it to convert it all to text, once that is done you can just export all to OneNote, allows me to take notes easily with the Pencil, then share them across the iPad, a Mac and a PC

djflexure

Got Goodnotes, Notability, Onenote and an Adobe one.

Find Goodnotes easiest for what I do – writing notes in meetings, annotating stuff

Kryton57

So, let me rephrase my question perhaps;  which app is best for me to write note with the pencil during meetings and then easily turn it into text for emails etc?

maccruiskeen

So you mean you want handwriting recognition? Unless you’re a very slow typer I doubt it really saves you any time. Using the pencil is good for mark up and annotation – conveying visual information as well as written. If its only text use a keyboard

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

write note with the pencil during meetings and then easily turn it into text for emails

I think Notability supports handwriting recognition, but I’ve never tried it. Sounds like a can of worms to me and I can type faster than I can write anyway.

I use the pencil for scrawling notes, or marking points in audio so I can shortcut to it later, or sketching visuals and annotations etc.

If I was writing something to share, I’d just type it (I use one of the short Apple wireless keyboards for that, not the complicated ‘smart’ keyboard which I found irritating if you’re moving from pencil to keyboard input a lot).

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Notability syncs over iCloud between ipad and laptop, but you need to pay for both apps (I think). Worth it though, it makes all sorts of things possible and easier. Like cutting and pasting doodles into other documents on your Mac for instance, which I seem to do a lot, and maybe typing up scribbled notes.

And another tip – if you get a matt screen protector, it gives a bit of friction for the pencil, so it feels more like writing on paper and less glassy.

Kryton57

So basically what we are saying is that a bloke with messy writing wishing to go from pen to email should probably take the Pen back and use the keyboard…

CountZero

Just use Notes, it’s there in iOS.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/use-ipad-pros-pencil-notes-app

That presupposes you’re using an iPad Pro. Not sure if it works with other flavours of Pad.

Sandwich

CountZero if the iPad supports pencil then Notes will sync across devices as normal on the latest version of iOS.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which ipad notes app?’ is closed to new replies.