Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which Hydration Bladder do people use?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

My Hydrapak bladder has taken a beating and need a new one. Its quite an old version but has lasted well.

Its a 2L version and I see that they do a shape shift version which apparantly helps stabilise the bladder at the expense of how much you can fill it (1.5L – which is just fine).

Any other bladdrs worth a look before I order one?

kiwijohn

Looked at a few for my Dakine, but ended up back with Hydrapak.
    Really like the fold over filler, makes it so easy to get air out.

scotroutes

Dakine, Source, CamelBak. I have all of them and they’re much of a muchness. Arguably, the CamelBak is a bit heavy on account of its filler cap.

Esme
    Free Member

I prefer the Platypus Hoser, as it has a small filler cap. You can buy plain caps, useful for transport and for storing drink in the freezer or fridge. And push-pull caps for drinking directly from the bladder. Nalgene caps are compatible, as are standard “pop bottle” caps.

binners

Cheapo ones from Sports Direct as I always forget to empty and clean them until the inside of them look like the contents of petri dish and I have to bin ’em and get another

DezB
    Free Member

Camelbak every time. Don’t go mouldy and I just prefer their bite valve to any other.

carlos
    Free Member

Only ever used Camelbak

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Decathlon own brand, about 7 quid for the 1L, a couple more for the 2L. fold over top so it’s easy to clean, and bite valve is decent.

BadlyWiredDog

Osprey.

binners

Camelbak every time. Don’t go mouldy

Oh Dezzy… you’re simply not trying hard enough. I’ve grown strains of bacteria previously undiscovered by science in my Camelbak bladders

andybrad

got several hydropak and playtpus ones.

the hydropak ones are good with the new bite valve.

DezB
    Free Member

you’re simply not trying hard enough

I actively try not to 🙂

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

So I’ve just had to replace my old one while I was on a riding holiday (Hydrapak which sprung a leak) and had a choice between Osprey and Camelbak

I don’t like the Camelbak closing mechanism (filler cap), so the choice was effectively made for me

Previously had Evoc, Hydrapak and Source all of which I’d buy again

joemmo
    Free Member

Top tip – store the bladder in the freezer if you can’t be bothered to clean it, keeps it fresh.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which Hydration Bladder do people use?’ is closed to new replies.