Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which head torch – Sorry!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

I know it’s been done-to-death but from memory the Petzl Tikka XP got great reviews? Is that right or is there alternatives?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Tesco?

tankslapper
    Free Member

World Class are you serious? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I ride with a Romison something or other I bought off the web for £15. I have just bought a mate the £10 torch from Tesco and that is fine for most stuff when zip-tied to the helmet.

trevorx
    Free Member

Alpkit Gamma, my mate has one and you could almost ride with it, as an addition to main light it’s fantastic.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I quite like my Silva L1

dmjb4
    Free Member

2nd the Tikka XP. But make sure its the Cree one, some shops still stock an older version with the same name, yet with a much poorer led.

mrmo
    Free Member

don’t know what the Hope is like but might be worth a look.

tankslapper
    Free Member

dmjb4 – do you not mean tge Petzl Myo XP?

grumm
    Free Member

Alpkit. Much better than my petzl myo which cost nearly three times as much.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Black Diamond Spot is good plus waterproof, though not sure how it matches up to the recent fast developments. The newer Tikka I bought was rubbish in comparison, as it had lots of rings in the light and a vile colour cast that the older one did not used to have so noticably, hense the move to ‘Spot’. The tikkas are not waterproof either.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is this a head torch for riding or other general head torch duties? For camping type stuff I’d go for a Silva L1 and for biking and attaching to a helmet then the P7 MTE gets my vote.

tankslapper
    Free Member

The light’s for general use including running – bike wise it’s for repairs and sorting out, emergency back-up(?)

grumm
    Free Member

I know I said it already but get the alpkit one – for 12.50 its worth a go and I guarantee you won’t regret it. Like I said I have a Petzl Myo 3 which cost 3 times as much and I prefer the alpkit one. Also it has a really good feature for running/walking – a red led on the battery pack on the back so you are visible on dark roads.

sq225917
    Free Member

2nd vote fro the p7 MTE, not the last word in longevity, but spare batteries are cheap.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Also it has a really good feature for running/walking – a red led on the battery pack on the back so you are visible on dark roads.

Not really bright enough for that!

Daffy

USE Joystick Maxx

tankslapper
    Free Member

Alpkit Gamma now ordered – thanks to all contributers.

AdamT

FWIW I got a Gamma and they’re excellent. Did a great run in swinley forest the other night. My mother in law thought I was mad. It was about -2C and the frost was all sparkly. Not in the same league obviously, but Ay-ups are supposed to be great to run with too.

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Gooutdoors.co.uk is a good place to look

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which head torch – Sorry!’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts