Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which GoPro should I buy – Hero3 White, or basic Hero..?
  • freeagent
    Free Member

looking to buy an entry level GoPro, mostly for family stuff, but will use it on the bike as well. (it might even end up under a drone at some point)
    If we use it loads, and notice it lacking in anything i’ll get a better one in a year or so.

I’m torn between the ‘Hero’ which can be found for under £100, and the ‘Hero3 White’ which is around £169.

main advantages with the Hero3 appear to be removable battery, and the Wifi connectivity.

Any experiences with either??

I’m not interested in any knock-offs or Chinese copies, would rather buy the real thing…

Thanks in advance..

northernmatt

I looked at the Hero3 White and the Hero but ended up with an SJ4000. Arrives tomorrow so can’t comment on usability/quality yet but got it, memory card, spare battery, and loads of mounts for £96. I’m not going to use it loads so it made sense to spend a bit less. If I find myself using it a lot I might look at getting a Hero4 sometime in the future.

toby1

I also picked up an SJ4000 for half the cost, seems to work really well. About a month of use so far and haven’t made any video’s out of it yet. But seems to work just fine.

fathomer

I’ve not used anything else but the Hero kicks out pretty decent video. It would be nice to have a rear LCD screen though. Ignore the crap riding but here’s some video (a couple of bits are from an iPhone):

I can’t seem to work out how to embed it??

northernmatt

[video]http://vimeo.com/114179662[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

I thought about the same thing for a long time.

On the face of it the White is the better cam, enough though it’s technically “the old one” – removable battery isn’t an issue for me, but it would have been nice to be able to mount a LCD screen to frame shots, or better still use the app to be able to see them on my phone.

Where the White falls down is it doesn’t have an auto-dim feature, which is a pain in anything but bright sunshine or especially if you’re riding in and out of wooded sections, my old contour had the same problem – all these action cams seem the same their quality lives or dies on light levels – at least with the Hero it does adjust for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which GoPro should I buy – Hero3 White, or basic Hero..?’ is closed to new replies.