Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which goggles?
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Recommend me some for my first set please.

00soppd
    Free Member

Oakley O-frame.

Got about 4/5 pairs that I use for motocross, cannot fault them. Pattern lenses and tear offs are easily available and cheap.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Oakley crowbar. Funky.

legend
    Free Member

O-frames or Crowbars. Cheap and they make instant sense the moment you try to get spare lens’ for an alternative brand

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got some Crowbar MX and they’re great! They come with a set of laminated tear offs too

simonside
    Free Member

Ones that fit your fullface helmet….comfortably

GW
    Free Member

Never Oakleys unless you actually like seeing through steamed up plastic.

new original and “patern” lenses (and tear offs) are easily available cheap online for most goggles

hugor
    Free Member

Beer goggles. Never had a bad night with them.

Taff
    Free Member

I found Oakleys steamed up quite a bit. I used smith warp stars and found them brilliant

legend
    Free Member

not everyone’s as sweaty as you old man 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

I quite like Spy’s

mybike
    Free Member

Having had oakley, dragon & fox…

Fox Main – great fit, cheap spares & match my lid 😉

gazc
    Free Member

Always used o-frames – cheap, very easy to get spare lenses / tearoffs either Oakley or copies. As for steaming up just take the foam off the vents and give them a swing around your head before a run (assuming u using for dh) that helps prevent/reduce it

IA

Always used o-frames – cheap, very easy to get spare lenses / tearoffs either Oakley or copies. As for steaming up just take the foam off the vents and give them a swing around your head before a run (assuming u using for dh) that helps prevent/reduce it

This. Steaming up only been a problem in the wet, I don’t bother to take the foam off though.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Oakley Crowbar MX for me – but as above, make sure they fit your helmet

RobHilton
    Free Member

Ones that fit your helmet/face. Quite a lot of goggs sit on the bridge of my nose, which is distracting and can make it run 😕

I’ve know people who don’t even own Oakleys recommend them! Probly cos they’re “the brand” to have?

I was recommended double glazed ski goggles to combat misting and bought a pair of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOUBLE-WEATHER-GOGGLES-MERCURY-LENSES/dp/B001NIC9V6

They happen to fit my face nicely & don’t mist easily (but it can be acheived). The strap has a clip so you don’t have to slide them up your helmet to get them off – meaning they don’t push loads of crap into your eyes when you slide them down again.

rocketman
    Free Member

Can’t really go wrong with O Frame Mxs IMO. Spy Klutch also most excellent.

scruff
    Free Member

I prefer my Giros to my Fox but cant get replacement lenses for the Giros.

loum
    Free Member

speedo

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers everyone – some good options to check out there.

They’re not actually for ‘DH’ tho although the intended use if for descents if that makes sense! Cheers again

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which goggles?’ is closed to new replies.