Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which German Online Retailer?
  • shooterman

I’m in the market for some Code RSC brakes. The German stores (Bike 24, Bike Components and Bikediscount) seem to be by far the cheapest.

However, I seem to recall a few horror stories recently on here which I can’t find readily via a forum search. Which to use and which to avoid?

ogden
    Free Member

I’d usually say Bikediscount but they are very very very slow at the moment. I need to send a shockwiz back for replacement and it took two weeks to get an email responded to! My mate ordered an ebike 18 days ago and hasn’t heard a peep!

eyestwice
    Free Member

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Bike Components over two years.

shooterman

Cheers. Might speed up now Angela Merkel has said shops can open?

andy4d

I usually use bike discount and never had any issues (pre covid and never needed to use their customer service either). Have also used bike components once or twice with no issues. I think the horror stories were with  people who had issues and returns were slow etc. I think bike 24 are owned by wiggle?

MSP

I have used them all without problems, but as above I think bike24 is “wiggle Germany” now, so if something did go wrong I wouldn’t trust their customer service anymore.

CraigW
    Free Member

Bike24 have now been sold off, not Wiggle anymore. I’ve not had any problems with them anyway.

Action Sports are good as well, often quite cheap.

otsdr
    Free Member

All of the above (bike24 – sold back by wiggle, bike-components, actionsports, bike-discount) plus r2-bike.

metalheart
    Free Member

Has anyone used starbike.com?

They have a bike stand at a much better price than I’ve seen elsewhere (and I fancy a bike stand… 😜)

jkomo

I ordered those Magura on bike discount last week. They’re here in time for the bank holiday!

blitz

I’ve had good experiences with bike24.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I ordered a wheel from bike discount on Monday.

It’s been with the courier DPD since Tuesday and still to leave Germany.

On the other hand a ordered another wheel from CRC at the same time, and it’s not even been picked yet!

shooterman

Cheers. Public holiday both sides today so that gives me the weekend to have a look at Trustpilot.

Bez

Rose and Starbike are both very both good IME and have been around for donkeys’ years; also never had a problem with Bike24 other than their packaging used to be “chuck all the loose stuff in a big box to rattle about”, not sure if that’s still the case. Bike-Discount are cheap, especially for certain things, but customer service if you have an issue is so-so; not bad enough to avoid them, but you pays your money you takes your choice.

13thfloormonk

Had nothing but good experiences with all of them, including returns. I think I had to follow up with Bike-24 on one return, but am willing to put it down to me replying to a ‘do not reply’ type email.

They have an amazing range of stock, bought almost half of my slightly esoteric gravel build from German retailers because they were the only ones with stock.

honourablegeorge

Had several deliveries from Bike24 over the Covid period, zero issues

Used Bike-Components for years and years, never had an issue, and custoemr service has always been top notch.

Recently using R2-Bike and nothing but praise for them either.

Bike-Discount is the one you do hear the odd grumble about, but I’ve personally found them OK.

shooterman

Thanks. I think I will give one of them a try.

mehr
    Free Member

@metalheart I use starbkes, they’re miles cheaper for a reason as they don’t hold much stock and order in on most purchases

I ordered some new forks last Wednesday and at this moment they’re still in the DHL processing centre in Regensburg, which is nice as I sold my old ones last week so have no bike

Tbh any of the german ones are good just check prices between them as its like here one will be more expensive than the other on ppular items and vice versa

R2 bikes are also good

clubby

Peak Covid delivery from Bike 24 took 5 days from ordering for me. Same as other times I’ve used them.
    Used r2 bike before and delivery time scale was about the same.

Both used DHL with full and up to date online tracking.

shooterman

Bike 24 look like the cheapes for what I’m after. Think I might order over the weekend and hopefully shipped on Monday.

Bookmarked all the retailers suggested above. Thank you all as real world experience is the most valuable guide.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which German Online Retailer?’ is closed to new replies.