Which Garmin watch, forerunner 245 or 735XT

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which Garmin watch, forerunner 245 or 735XT
  • Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Want a new running watch, was set on a 245 until I saw the 735XT in a Black Friday deal.
    I suspect there’s sod all in it but the main think that jumps is that the 245 has access the Galileo satellites as well as GLONASS where as the 735XT is just GLONASS.

Any thoughts?

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

I’ve had the 735XT for a couple years, used daily. It’s been really good. Battery is still fine, the glass seems unscratchable and the unit is still OK. Just about needing a new strap now but they’re fairly cheap. The 245 is newer and seems to have extra features for just running though.

There’s some chat here on the differences:

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=9398480

CraigW

Newer GPS on the 245 means better battery life, claims 24 hours with GPS and HR.

Not sure if there’s much difference for other features.
    245 might be a bit better for smart features, ie connecting to your phone, or installing extra Connect IQ apps.
    735 is better for cycling/triathlon. ie it has a proper multisport mode, and supports power meters.

I like my 245 Music anyway, it is a nice running watch.

bigwatts

I would look at the 645 unless you need the triathlon ability of the 735
    The 735xt is old now and lacks a lot of the features of the newer ones.
    The 635 is on offer everywhere at the moment making it not much more than the 245.

CraigW

But the 245 is a bit newer, and better in some ways than the 645. Better battery life anyway.
    Though the 645 has some extra features, eg Garmin Pay.

PJay

My Wife’s looking for a reasonably priced running watch after not being very impressed with a Fitbit Versa; do any of the Garmin’s have replaceable batteries?

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

My Wife’s looking for a reasonably priced running watch after not being very impressed with a Fitbit Versa; do any of the Garmin’s have replaceable batteries

None have replaceable batteries that I know of.
    My defaults answer to the “reasonably priced running watch” question is always Forerunner 35, though that’s just been updated to the 45. The 35 is a great little watch and does all that most runner will ever need. Good battery life too.

PJay

Thanks, we’ll have a look at the Forerunner 35/45.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Hmm, the 645 has throw a spanner in the works.
    So now its between 245 and 645. Decisions, decisions.

PJay

I don’t know if you spotted this (there’s another post on here somewhere about Garmin watches) but Argos have £75 off the 645 Music at the moment – https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1513936

Tallpaul

I like my 645. Felt like a nice upgrade from my 235 in terms of quality and features. No complaints about battery life.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

That’s the deal that’s throw me me Pjay.
    Still feeling indecisive.

torch

Reserve the Garmin 645 at Argos while you make up your mind before they all go.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Reserve the Garmin 645 at Argos while you make up your mind before they all go.

Great minds my man, great minds…

trail_rat

Garmin Connect menstrual cycle tracking feature.

well im sold….

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

trail_rat wrote:

Garmin Connect menstrual cycle tracking feature.

well im sold….

Have badge as well to go with it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50597405

That 645 is a great buy!

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Update, bought the 645, bargain from Argos. first impressions are that it’s lovely with a lot of functionality, at least some of which I won’t use!

erictwinge

whats the catch with this? i know its not the music version, but seems an incredible price for a 645 (£175) https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1895440

No catch, SP is good, go for it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.