Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which free photo hosting provider for easy posting here>
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Google photos automatically syncs my photos from the camera but seems to make it impossible to share links on forums like this.

What is free and easy to use that will let me upload a photo and post a link up here without a billion steps, $50 premium and adverts pissing me off every few seconds?

Thanks

leffeboy

postimages.org

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don't try to paint your heroes

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

colournoise

For my own photos I still use Flickr, but that’s not free.

For odds and ends,and one-off images I use Imgur.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Please let me know if you can see the painting. No comments on the quality required

welshfarmer

painting visible on your second post

Drac

It’s that and I like the style of it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am practising perspective. I hate it. I am thinking of adding a little old lady wearing black and walking her chickens down the road in the background.

Thoughts?

avdave2

Thoughts? I’m thinking has wca managed to lose an ear in any of his misfortunes

colournoise

avdave2
    Thoughts? I’m thinking has wca managed to lose an ear in any of his misfortunes

Art teacher DNA kicking in… You might be onto something there.

Don’t hate on it WCA. Love the energy and brushwork. 1 point perspective on road and trees, etc. working fine. Car not quite in the same visual space.

@WorldClassAccident
    Happy to help via PM if you want. Cars are actually an absolute nightmare to draw/paint TBH.

spooky_b329

I use imgbb.com now, quick and simple and no popups and dodgy ads 🙂

timmys

For dead simple; upl.co

sands
    Free Member

postimages.org image hosting test

Hotlink for forums:

tthew

I am thinking of adding a little old lady wearing black and walking her chickens down the road in the background

If you are going to add to it, go mental, make the chickens massive and firing their lazerbeam eyes at the fleeing old lady.
    Sid Little is shooting a sub machine gun at the chickens out of the window of the Morris Minor(?!)

Drac

I am thinking of adding a little old lady wearing black and walking her chickens down the road in the background

I like that the car isn’t to scale. If you’re going to add anything I’d Lycra louts giving can the car Vs for daring to use the road in their presence.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It is the perspective challenge I hate, not the painting.

I agree the car is not quite to scale and seems to sit on top of the picture rather than being in it.

I am planning on doing some more work on it to refine it. I just wanted to be able to share pictures so I can show people how it progresses and also ask advice – Colournoise might get called in for this

DezB
    Free Member

My advice: Pactice. Lots of practice. Don’t start with a painting you intend to complete as a “painting”, start with practice sketches, practice colours, draw perspective stuff, draw trees, draw cars. Once you’ve done loads of that try a complete painting incorporating all the bits you learned from practicing.
    Or cheat, by using technology. Cos practising takes a looong time.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I managed to grab an hour to work on the picture. Spot the frickin difference, although to be truthful I am beginning to like it.

Before

After

simondbarnes

I like it, far better than I can manage.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks. I think it is beginning to get there. I reckon a little woman dressed onblack near the front of the car on the verge by the trees with a few chickens being scared by the car will complete the composition. Then just the detail work

The more beer I drink, the happier I am with it.

Last night, the more beer I drank the less happy I was with it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which free photo hosting provider for easy posting here>’ is closed to new replies.