Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Which flat pedals?
  • sailingneil
    Free Member

My old pedals have developed a wee wobble, has any one got any recommendations for relatively cheap flat pedals suitable of cross country and pit of trail centre trashing? Not looking to spend a fortune, probably sub £30.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wellgo mg1s

seosamh77
    Free Member

dmr v8.

Northwind

Wellgo MG1 for light, thick and reasonably strong… Nanos for thinner, stronger but heavier

hilton83
    Free Member

Sub £30, DMR V8’s easy to maintain, re-grease, and loads of grip, loads of colours to choose from too!

coogan
    Free Member

My two sets have lasted for years. See no point on spending more money.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199

Duane…
    Free Member

Don’t get V8s or V12s, they used to be decent, there’s plenty better pedals out there now. Spend a tiny bit more and get some cheaper-than-Superstars;

http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/pedals-82-c.asp

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nukeproof Electrons ~£32.

• Super Tough Nylon Construction
    • Sealed Cartridge Bearings
    • Durable rubber lip seals reduce water ingress
    • 12 replaceable pins
    • Weight: 338g

Just make sure you screw the pins all the way through/tight before use.

fenred
    Free Member

those nukeproof’s look nice, but personally reco wellgo B54’s…£26, scb and grippy as you like 8)

Duane…
    Free Member

Actually yeah, what buzz said re: plastic pedals. Mates have used them and rate them highly.

deviant
    Free Member

Kona Wah-Wahs here….£30 new from a seller on ebay that does them, cant remember the name of the shop/seller though?

Interested in trying those plastic ones though, reckon they’d grip better than metal in the wet.

cinnamon_girl

Look out for Straitlines in the Classifieds!

Edit: there’s some for £50.

nwill1
    Free Member

+1 for Wellgo MG1 – cheap light, grippy, smooth

Northwind

Don’t like my plastic Nukeproofs much, the shape of the pedal’s a bit odd- they look just like my Nanos but my shoe ends up sitting on the centre bar which takes a lot of weight off the pins. They’ve got the same number of pins as my Nanos (I take some out) and they’re roughly the same height but they’ve got far less grip. Think they’re going on the commuter.

shaxi
    Free Member

there’s some for £50.

a bit expensive !
    but many recommendation here ,can try and check !
    thanks ! 🙂

fourbanger
    Free Member

I got some Shimano MX30 on offer for about 35 quid. Awesome peddals.

Bagstard
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/eXotic-Alloy-6061-Flat-Pedal-w-Replaceable-Pins-/200671359304?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2eb8f1f148

A little over your budget, but worth it in my opinion, very similar to nano tech flats, but cheaper. MG1’s are ok, but having big feet and long legs a wider lower profile pedal suits me better (long legs means lots of seatpost showing, every mm counts.)

bigbloke
    Free Member

Had V12’s now got Nukeproof Neutron pedals which are the same as Superstar Nano’s and the same as another pedal from i “think” its called Carbon cycles?

Grip well, dont weigh much and work very well so far.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 Wellgo MG1’s.

Light and I haven’t destroyed mine in over 4 years abuse.

lovetoride
    Free Member

the ready to ride pedals have been out of stock for months, anyone know if/when they’re getting more in?

bigthunder
    Free Member

Easton cullys are good. Get s/h for 25quid.

kimbers

kona wah wahs 30 quid on crc
    same as superstar nanos nukeproof electronand a load of other more expensive ones

andthey are excellent

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=76564

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Which flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.