Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which fast rolling, low pressure UST Tyre for trail centre use?
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

Making the change to ust having just laid out my hard earned on some CB CobaltXC rims (sexual by the way). I’ve always used Schwalbe because of their light weight and all round ability (Nobby’s). The trouble is i need to run them at 40 psi or they get a little unpredictable under heavy load.

What pressure will i be able to run ust tyres on without the risk of them coming off when at full chat? Does this vary between brands?

can anyone reccomend a fast rolling all weather tyre that will seat relatively easy on this rim? i’m looking at all the usual suspects i.e High Roller, Nevegal, Conti Mountain king 2… fancy a change from the Schwalbes (unless i can run em at a lower pressure that is!).

cheers gang 🙂

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I run Nobby’s on CB Iodine Wheelset at between 35-40psi with no issues.

awh
    Free Member

If you like Schwalbe you could try the Snakeskin sidewall versions. I’ve found the thicker sidewall lets me run my Nicks at ~30psi with no problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rhysw
    Free Member

I run Fat Alberts on my Sc nomad at around 32 psi and Maxxis Ardent/crossmark combo at at about 36 psi on my On one 456c

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Aredent LUST 2.35. In winter I run then @ 20 psi front it more rear. Awesome light and spin up well.Maxxis fit really well

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Cheers peeps… got a deal on CRC so have gone for Ardent/crossmark combo 🙂

at the risk of asking a daft question… i still need to use a sealant yes? 😐

goodgrief
    Free Member

for ust tyres, not strictly but I still do although I’m not using ust rims

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which fast rolling, low pressure UST Tyre for trail centre use?’ is closed to new replies.