Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which 10 speed Expander ring? – E.thirteen or….
  • jonnyboi

Took a punt on the race face 1x crank that was PSA’d on here. so now thinking about adding a expander cog to my 11-36 as I’m going to say goodbye to the triple crank

Chain reaction are flogging them off at £19.99 although the reviews are far from great, alternatives appear to be absolute black (also shite?) planet x (unknown)  one up or hope (both good but more pricey)

real world feedback please!

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve the Hope TRex on my Solaris. It’s the second one I’ve had, the first lasted for three cassettes, roughly 8000Km. Based on that I think they are reasonable value.

stevextc
    Free Member

The E-13 is the only one won’t fit on a specific hub have.  (Of several brands)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonnyboi

Right, think I’ll ditch the cheaper ones and go for either hope or one up

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ve only ever had an issue with the E-13 one.

I’ve had various others but never paid Hope and quite honestly TODAY I’d stick on a 11 speed before paying the Hope RRP.

The cheap ones I’ve had maybe didn’t shift so smoothly but it was never a big deal for what was essentially a bail out gear.  If you use the Tredz ever lasting discount though it looks like you could get to for £40 … vs £30 for the AB (which I never had any issues with) or £25 for the Planet X (if you can find something to cover postage)

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I use the Oneup components offering with the free 16t cog. I also use their derailleur plates on XT mid cage rear mechs to avoid the B screw issue.

All works a treat. I used this set up on my old 26″ Covert years ago and it worked faultlessly so I have now fitted the same to Mrs Wachowchow’s bike and my spare HT.

jonnyboi

I’m coming at this all wrong. Looking at prices it would be cheaper and easier to buy the shimano 11-42 cassette and flog my old XT one. Would probably be almost cost neutral

jonnyboi

Yep, just bought one! 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Bargaintastic drive train upgrade

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which 10 speed Expander ring? – E.thirteen or….’ is closed to new replies.