Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which earbuds?
  • daviek

Looking for some advice on getting some earbuds for my sons birthday. He sent me a link that I cant get to at the moment as its on my phone for some sony ones about £50 but as these things are never out of his ears when hes out the house would be quite willing to spend more on a good pair.

I know practically nothing about them as i use an old pair of sennheiser 300 cxii (I think) so thought I’d ask here

Cheers

Davie

tthew

There may be a reason why Sony ones that’s related to being cool and fashionable rather than sonically excellent. Some better Sony ones would be my suggestion, and they’ll be fine sound wise if an old wired pair I have are any guide.

jam-bo

If he’s sent a link to what he wants, why not just get him what he wants…

in my experience, anything else will lead to strife…

daviek

problem is hes so laid back (lazy?) I know he wont have looked properly. It’s a pair of Sony WF-C500 that he linked

tthew

Ah, so you weren’t actually looking for advice, you just want validation to get him something he didn’t ask for and may cause disappointment.

Yeah, definitely don’t get him what he wants, he’d appreciate it too much.

marcg868
    Free Member

I have the Sony WF-C500 as my everyday pair for commuting on motorbike and round the house. Good bass, reasonable mids and highs. A bit lacking for the music I listen to (Trance and it’s many sun genres) but not bad.
    I also have the more expensive sony wf-1000xm4 and these are massive step up in sound but also price £200.
    Both used with iPhone and iPad and connect easy enough with the Sony App.
    Easy to connect with Samsung/Android also.

jam-bo

I know he wont have looked properly.

of course not, but his mates probably have those ones and that’s worth 1000x your objective ‘these are better’

nicko74

If he likes his music/ listening, and takes a bit of pride in his gear, you might consider something Sennheiser or (if budget stretches) Shure. Sony’s a decent, but they’ve always had a v bass-heavy sound, and something a step up might get him appreciating how stuff sounds.

Or it could be a waste of money if he loses them or doesn’t notice the difference 😀

daviek

thanks for the replies, well some of them. A good old STW thread with the usual mix of judgemental/arsey comments and helpful ones.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

thems the breaks ….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.