Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which DX 18650 batteries?…again!…..sorry
  • cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Is there a favourite 18650 battery out there for DX torches.
    The Senybor 2800mHa look quite popular. Am I right in thinking that the Ultrafire and Trustfire are a bit rubbish!
    Just want 1 that will last the longest.
    Any advice/experience please
    Cheers

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Trustfire been fine here – used them for a few years

disco_stu
    Free Member

Torchy the Battery Boy can help here

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve got the Senybors you mention, got them from a UK seller and they seem fine.

nealy
    Free Member

Based on the discharge graphs on Torchy’s website (see below) I’ve got and would recommendXtar 2600mAh’s because they maintain a higher voltage during use which is more important than 300ish extra mAh’s over the Senybor’s especially as you need to discharge the battery to a pretty low voltage to use the extra capacity. You can get them for $13.50 by joining in on the group buy described in this thread.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

get them from torchys id on ebay…

nealy
    Free Member

Yep, I got mine from the real Torchy on ebay for £12.99 but the deal I’ve linked is approx £8.50 so if you don’t mind waiting you can save a few quid.

While we’re on the subject I’ve also just got a new charger (Xtar WP2 II) to replace the bolx I bought on DX, I got it from China through an ebay seller as Torchy didn’t have it listed but you can also get it at a discounted price through the budgetlightforum thread. Read the reviews for it on Budgetlightforums and you’ll see why it’s worth getting if you’re at all bothered about wrecking your batteries or burning your house down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which DX 18650 batteries?…again!…..sorry’ is closed to new replies.