Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which dropper to keep- help me think
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Can’t decide what to do (also this is totally a stealth for sale ad)

We got broken into last year and my brand new 185mm Revive got nicked. Insurance settled, I bought another one. But the police recovered it and the insurance just said “ah who cares, keep it”

So now I have one bike with a Revive, my fatbike has a 170mm Reverb with a Novyparts remote, and I now have a second unused Revive. Buying another bike for it is tempting but I’m not allowed…

So STW, what would you keep? Having 2 parts the same is really convenient if one fails, I can swap posts in about 2 minutes if they’re both the same make. And the Revive’s definitely the better part- more reliable, and more drop. Not that I care as much about that on the fatbike but more drop is better. They’re all under warranty.

The Reverb’ll be easier to sell but the Revive’s worth more, if I can find a buyer who’ll pay for it anyway… Because used droppers can be chancy and the Revive’s the less known product.

So what do you reckon? I reckon I want to keep both Revives but there’s no way in hell I’d have ever bought a second one for the fatbike so when I think about it that way it seems different

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

No one in their right mind would buy a second hand Reverb.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

You need the third dropper for the inevitable moment when one of the others spills its guts.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

“No one in their right mind would buy a second hand Reverb.”

Anyone that can work spanners has little to fear tbh but, a wee look on ebay sold listings says £150.

Word will spread, Revives are the bollocks. Sell the reverb or give it away, it will end up in land fill either way.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Curiously, my Revive is not entirely healthy at the moment. Complete strip down and clean/regrease with new seals a couple of weeks ago, and was sticking down/notchy again this afternoon. Dropper posts are a bloody nuisance!

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Sell the one you don’t need if you want the money, keep it if you don’t?

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Is the revive 30.9. If s I would be intetested

I’ll swap you my shitty on its way back from fishers after being repaired not replaced 150mm Reverb B1 stealth* for your Revive.

Nearly ordered a Revive this morning but bottled it.

*It’s that stealth I never see it on the bike anymore.

sweaman2

Personally for me interchangeability is a key reason for component choices (especially as between sweamrs and I we have lots of bikes).  It means when things break swapping things is easy.  So sell the reverb.

Premier Icon chestrockwell
    Subscriber

Keep the Revive if you think it’ll be reliable. My Reverb is just about to head off for warranty work but people will still lap them up.

As for not having two fancy ones, just accept your good fortune. I was perfectly happy with the snotty old Command on my ht but then the mojo thing happened so I ended up with a Transfer. That went on the fs with the ht getting a Reverb hand me down (which was as new). These things happen so ride the wave.😜

Onzadog

If it was me, I’d run the revive and keep the reverb in the spares box for when something goes wrong just before that big, important trip.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

How much do you want for the Revive?

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

I’d buy a Revive. My Reverbs don’t last as long as my chains. Revive can’t be worse.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

@chestrockwell, I think you’ve basically summed up how I’m thinking about it myself… So that’s good, I’ll do that I think

Cheers folks!

Larry_Lamb

For those who are slagging off Reverbs, you can post them to me if you want.

Have had 3 in my lifetime on different bikes, they never missed a beat over thousands of miles. Other brands have failed though and I went straight back to the Reverb.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which dropper to keep- help me think’ is closed to new replies.