• This topic has 48 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Duc.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • which dog food?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Interesting thread. Our 5 month old Ginger Lab (Fox Red for the posh) is on Chudleys Puppy/Junior, however I checked the constituents after reading earlier & less than half are listed plus she farts like a farty thing! So we’ll be looking at something else. The LPS (local pet shop) has a decent range in luckily.

HansRey

I went to Pets at Home in Croydon yesterday for dog food and treats. We got her a 12kg bag of some James Wellbeloved food. The food was well priced, but the treats and toys…
    She’s gonna get a stick from the park to play with when she breaks her new toys.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

+1 for the honeys real dogfood raw food. Our Rottie has fungal skin problems and our staffie cross terrible fart problems and both are clearing up on the raw food. Honeys will offer you no-expectation, vet-led advice and quotes as well.

@Scapegoat

We have the raw meat delivered in 3lb bags at £1.50 each and she goes through one in a couple of days

Where do you get this from? We’re looking at going more DIY and looking around for options.

Scapegoat

Yorkshire Raw Feed, Birstall. They only deliver in Yorks though.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Which dog food? The one that’s on offer. It’s a dug, not Jay Rayner.

James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice if they’re all the same price.

Porridge with tinned tuna stirred through it if we ever run out of dog food.

The most recent winner of the bowl-pushed-furthest-round-the-kitchen-in-pursuit-of-the-last-molecule seal of approval is AVA Vet Approved senior chicken flavour. Nori the Scottish terrier seems to really love this stuff.

And yes, it’s on offer at Pets at Home.

ThePilot
    Free Member

@ StefMcDef
    Glad that approach works for you – Nori certainly looks like he’s doing well on it – but don’t knock people who want to put a little more thought into their dog’s food. Some dogs may actually benefit from eating food other than the stuff that’s on offer at Pets at Home.
    I mean, I don’t eat the human food that’s on offer at Sainsbury’s and I’m not Jay Rayner either.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Raw is the way to go. It’s done the canine world proud for thousands of years. As previously mentioned by other posters who feed raw, our dogs “numbers two’s” come out less often and being little pebbles much easier to pick up unlike the humongous piles of gloop I see some owners have to pick up. The way I look at it is the body takes on the food given to it, takes out the good stuff what it needs and craps the useless stuff out. If you feed your dog loads of crap you’ll get loads of crap out. Ever heard of the saying fit as a butchers dog ? Rings true imo

HansRey

i was skeptical about the raw diet, but my parents have raised their gsd pup to adulthood with it and he’s in great shape

Duc
    Free Member

Have been feeding ours Cannagan which he’s got on ok with but some of the remains have been difiicult to Bag ! Swithcing to Simpsons now bought online and delivered and the results seem good – have transitioned across very gradually though and will move off Puppy and onto the Big dog stuff in 4 kgs of food time.
    Would really like to switch to Raw but just don’t have space for the extra Freezer currently that it would need.
    The ultimate answer has to be Raw and then take yoru pick of the 80/20 foods after that – thats what we came up with anyway

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘which dog food?’ is closed to new replies.