Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which do you go faster on?
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Road Bike or MTB?
    Most of my MTB rides and my commute include a 17% road climb (descent), I've just been looking at my Garmin data for the last month and it seems to show that I descend faster on the MTB's probably due to my increased faith in the XTR disc's and fat tyres over the rim brakes and skinny tyres on the roadie.
    Max 47.3 mph MTB, 46.1 Roadie this month BTW.

yunki
    Free Member

crack… ooops! wrong thread

foxyrider
    Free Member

Road bike as rarely do fast descents on road on MTB – bit of a waste 😉 MAX recorded on road bike 79.3 km/h or 49.3 mph

will
    Free Member

47 on a Mtb is very impressive sir!

br
    Free Member

I thought this would be another 'wife' or 'girlfriend' post?

tomlevell

46 on your road bike suggests you need to grow some bigger ones though.
    HTH

trout
    Free Member

You can hit 70 mph down the Hawes side of Fleet moss so I am told
    we had a head wind and managed 55 mph on mtbs

Dibbs
    Free Member

46 on your road bike suggests you need to grow some bigger ones though.

Probably 😆
    This is the spot:-
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=318290&y=132170&z=120&sv=318290,132170&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=678&ax=318290&ay=132170&lm=0

Burls72
    Free Member

Mtb for the same reasons as you give. I bought a road bike a few years ago (gone now) after not owning one for nearly 20 years and it gave me a new found respect for road racers on hilly courses such as fred whitton. They must have b*lls of steel descending at the speeds they do on those roads, rims brakes suck!

paule
    Free Member

Usually I'd say road bike, but there's a pretty sharp looking bend at the bottom of that hill so I can see why braking rather than rolling speed might be the limiting factor.

Dibbs
    Free Member

rims brakes suck!

Especially if it's the slightest bit damp 😆

jam-bo

that is a bit of a corner. especially when dibbs missus tries running him down just before it…

Dibbs
    Free Member

there's a pretty sharp looking bend at the bottom of that hill

I locked up the front wheel in the wet there on a MTB a few years ago and the spot on my thigh still hurts to this day 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which do you go faster on?’ is closed to new replies.