Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Credit Card?
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Never had one, never needed one, only been overdrawn when I was a student and got that paid off pretty soon after I finished. As a result I assume my credit rating is pretty clean.

Any recommendations on a card with no annual fee, good service and a worthwhile rewards scheme (air miles, cashback or similar)?

ton

non, stay as you are…..best advice anyone can give you.

DaveGr
    Free Member

You can look on…..Moneysavingexpert.com

They'll also have something on rewards schemes etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Helios
    Free Member

You credit rating is probably shocking if you've never had a credit card… Ironic…

Personally like my Virgin Atlantic American Express – some places still don't accept Amex (and I never use it for small local shops that I like because of the extortionate fee Amex charge shops) – but the airmiles scheme they have is by far the best on the market…

Kuco

I got a credit card as I never had a credit rating. I use mine but pay it right off again. To be honest I hardly carry much cash about now.

DT78
    Free Member

I use capitalone. 1% cashback. Run everything through on it, plus you get a bit more peace of mind if purchasing online. I pay off in full every month. Creditcards are very useful if you use them appropriately

anagallis_arvensis

To improve your credit rating (important for getting mortgage) just get any credit card with a cash back scheme and pay it off each month. I have one with smile.co.uk who are very good.

sockpuppet

some good amex deals about atm. nectar amex is pretty good if you like nectar points.

if you're bothered about improving your credit rating, then pay off *nearly* (but not quite) all the balance, exactly on time, every month. it will mean you pay interest though. make sure you're *never* late with a payment, ever, on anything.

(yes, this isn't the whole story, many other things affect it, but they don't value customers who pay off the whole balance every month. we don't make them as much money, after all)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ton, much as I'd agree with you in principle its a PITA when for whatever reason you'r one and only bank card stops working.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Credit Card?’ is closed to new replies.