Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • which compressor for tubeless? what are you using?
  • lardman
    Free Member

I need something that can withstand a life inside a shed, and put out quite a pressure spike as i have some tricky tyres which wont even go up with Co2 tubes.

Happy not to buy the cheapest version, but a small unit is essential as i don’t have a lot of space.

What have you?

heavy_rat
    Free Member

A coke bottle

Northwind

A cheap-ish SIP Hurricane 50l job… Though I wouldn’t have bought it just to do tubeless, I had it already.

himupstairs

depends.
    is it for enduro?

lardman
    Free Member

@heavyrat — not sure i have the time/faff tolerance for Ghetto bottle compressors.

lardman
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s got to be two tone bright colours with the higher lightweight air content volume, specially for Enduro tyres.

chakaping
    Free Member

Lidl have them in at the moment, not small but good quality and a cracking price.

I use a Prestaflator with mine.

Northwind

lardman – Member

Yeah, it’s got to be two tone bright colours with the higher lightweight air content volume, specially for Enduro tyres.

Mine is all mountain 🙁 I’m not sure it’ll inflate a 650b tyre.

Simon

Since I got a decent high volume track pump I’ve not needed to resort to my pop bottle inflator.

lardman
    Free Member

@northwind
    Nah, i’m a wheel retard. Bumbling around slowly on my poor 26″ sillyness.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve got a Topeak Master Blaster floor pump with the valve adaptor removed so it’s just a bare rubber tube. With the core removed from a presta tubeless valve, the air volume is quite massive and I’ve not had any tyres not pop on to the bead. I do have Notubes rims though which seem to be very easy to ‘pop’.

lardman
    Free Member

anyone else other than northwind actually use a compressor?

zerocool

I’ve got an Axminster Tools one and am happy with it. Makes life much easier to inflate things (and an air gun is good for cleaning hard to reach spaces in van,) and runs any tools I’ve needed to use as well. Th Ghetto thing looks like a faff. The most complicated thing I have to do is screw on the presta to schrader adapter for my road bike.

Tom KP

lardman
    Free Member

Ok, thanks zeRocool….

Conan257
    Free Member

If you have a JTF nearby they have a lovely looking pair of compressors for £50 or £100 ish depending on size.

Speshpaul

I’ve got a small B&Q one that they don’t sell any more, just about does the trick. Those lidl ones look interesting..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im getting either one of those airshot (like a DIY ghetto pepsi can), or one of the new bontrager charger tubeless pumps, both look genius and have watched videos of both in action and seem to work

I have really problematic rims and can only get them to seat with compressor sadly, I used to have no issues on flows/crossmax/xm819 etc with just a standard floor pump but my sram rail50 are impossible with a track pump

porter_jamie

you could maybe get an old car valve with the core removed and use that down the petrol station – im sure a tyre place would let you have one, if not type tr414 into ebay. put the threaded end into the inflator and shove the other end over the presta valve

i just use a bit of old pipe and the workshop compressor, just hold one end over the tyre valv and the other over the gun and the tyre pops straight on (you kinda need 3 hands!)

trail_rat
    Free Member

ime the quality of the “inflator” end on the air line has more effect than the compressor.

the lidl ones are pish.

i have a tooltec 24l one i got free – although still noisy – its quieter and less fall aparty than the lidl – but i am using a lidl inflater & spray gun (it was aquired for spraying but its handy for inflating tubeless on fat bike.)

chrispo
    Free Member

The one at my local garage costs 20p

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘which compressor for tubeless? what are you using?’ is closed to new replies.