Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which coffee machine?
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

I know this has been done before but a search is throwing up nothing, so excuse me if you think i'm being lazy 😉
    After a decent machine using ground coffee (not pods) for espresso and decent 'regular' coffee. Using a Bialetti stove top at the mo' but want something that will make other types too…. Budget up to £150, reviews of gaggia, Dualit etc seem to show plenty of complaints, so anybody got any recommendations based on actual experience?

bruneep

Are you looking for a Bean to Cup machine? Or an espresso machine?

For that money I doubt you would get a B2C machine. I currently use a Gaggia Evolution and a Gaggia grinder to make espresso and a cafeteria for "regular" coffee.

No help I know and way over your budget but I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a Jura ena5, and failing. 😉

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I've used one of these for years- highly recommended

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I will sell you my Ascaro espresso machine and Rancillio Rocky grinder for £150 if you want… got a Jura bean to cup now so they are surplus to requirements 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

+1 for the gaccia classic!

montylikesbeer

+2 gaggia classic

saladdodger
    Free Member

+ 3 for the gaggia classic

And the Rancillo rocky is a ace grinder, do not bother with the Gaggia offering it is noisey and charges the grinds with static and the grinds go everywhere

Dogsby

I have a Dualit machine and it is excellent. You can get them for about £159 I beleive and I also bought a milk jug and thermometer. Makes great coffee and has been running for six months without a problem. I would be interested to hear what the bad reviews said.

Dogsby

glenncampbell

Good stuff! Dualits and Gaggia's are great, although I only drink espresso – everything else is just wrong in my view – if you do too and want no mess then try these machines:

http://www.craystoneshop.co.uk/acatalog/francisfrancis_x7machines.html

I have an X6 Trio (now discontinued) and the crema is great, flavour is smooth. They take pods (compacted coffee bags, so to speak) so no grind, illy pods are excellent or try waitrose pods for half the price.

bruneep

Robs

What jura have you got?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It's an Ena 5

One of their "cheaper" offerings 😉 It is damn good though – the coffee may not be quite as top notch as someone would make who knows what they are doing (ie a proper Barrista) with top end equipment… but it is damn close! I may upgrade the steam wand though – the basic item is a bit pants (does the job mind… just not as well as it could). They do an add on one that looks like it is a bit more versatile though.

bruneep

Hmmmmmmm

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh and duralit burr grinders are good.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Thanks for the thoughts….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which coffee machine?’ is closed to new replies.