Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which coffee for the…….
  • knottie8
    Free Member

……biggest caffine hit ?

dobo
    Free Member

dont know but i was looking for some cafetiere coffee in asda tonight and saw some taylors hot lava java, and it says high caffeine and strong. 2x £4
    i’m tempted but might taste like shit

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Just take a couple of Pro Plus tablets with your coffee.

montylikesbeer

fresh beans, ground fresh and away you go

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That Turkish stuff- liquid speed…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, if you want a strong caffeine hit, then the better quality arabica coffees are not the answer. Dark roasted arabica blends are actually lower in caffeine than robusta blends. I think that a cup of strong cheapish drip coffee will probably give you more of a caffeine hit than an espresso. That Hot Lava Java is actually fairly strong – and Java’s a lovely tasting coffee.

CHB

Hot lava java actually has an amount of robusta in it to get the caffeine levels up. It’s a dark roast (so if you normally drink Kenyan then you might be in for a shock!), but if you like rich and deep coffee then you will enjoy it.

joe1983
    Free Member

rocket fuel got me through my degree. You WILL NOT be able to sleep after a cup of this. Not one for the coffe connoisseurs though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hot lava java actually has an amount of robusta in it to get the caffeine levels up

Shoulda guessed really….

spooky_b329

I had a couple of jars of rocket fuel a while back, definately strong!

But don’t buy those self heating shot things…very very little coffee but a huge amount of waste in the cup!

AndyP
    Free Member

taylors hot lava java, and it says high caffeine and strong. 2x £4
    i’m tempted but might taste like shit

indeed it does.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve yet to find a coffee that makes me sleep worse than I already do, never found a caffeine drink that has any damned effect.

andym
    Free Member

I seem to remember reading somewhere that cafetiere coffee actually has more caffeine than espresso.

Or you could always try:

Stops you going bald as well (allegedly) – what’s not to like?

molgrips
    Free Member

Try Whittards’ After Dinner espresso roast. It tastes unbelievable but is also deadly. I ended up in hospital with palpitations once at 2am after someone fed it to me made in a cafetiere…

matthewjb
    Free Member

cafetiere coffee actually has more caffeine than espresso

That’s true. Caffeine is water soluble so the slower you make the coffee the more caffeine you get.

Filter coffee and cafetiere are the highest.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Filter coffee and cafetiere are the highest.

That assumes the same coffee/water ratio. The fact that an espresso probably has fives times as much coffee per ml must make up for inefficient caffeine transfer mechanism!

I’ve decided to have no caffeine for a week 😯

shteve
    Free Member

i bought the cafedirect medium roast in the 2 for £4 in asda. its quite nice, and fair trade i think. i use it in a filter so a couple of cups a day is enough for me! i thought espresso was the strongest “hit” as its very concentrated.

coffeeking
    Free Member

* Drip coffee: 115–175 mg (0.56–0.85 mg/ml)
    * Espresso: 60 mg (2 mg/ml)
    * Brewed/Pressed: 80–135 mg (0.39–0.65 mg/ml)
    * Instant: 65–100 mg (0.31–0.48 mg/ml)
    * Decaf, brewed: 3–4 mg
    * Decaf, instant: 2–3 mg.

Tea:

Black Tea (one tea bag) 40 25 – 110
    Oolong Tea (one tea bag) 30 12 – 55
    Green Tea (one tea bag) 20 8 – 30
    White Tea (one tea bag) 15 6 – 25
    Decaf Tea (one tea bag) 2 1 – 4
    Herbal Tea (one tea bag) 0 0

montylikesbeer

This is a nice drop from happy Donkey

Happy Donkey

molgrips
    Free Member

CK, those figures vary WILDLY with coffee. It’s hugely dependent on the blend/beans etc.

Plus, there are other stimulants in coffee, which is why a double espresso has a worse effect on me than typical filter coffee.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which coffee for the…….’ is closed to new replies.