Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which carbon XC frame?
  • letmetalktomark

I have been lured into trying carbon.

Its hard to look passed the price of the 456C but its not the lightest of frames and the BB92 on the Whippet puts me off that one.

Looking for something relatively light with std’ish bits i.e. threaded BB shell etc.

Got a tentative feler out on a Beone in the classifieds that looks fantastic but wanted to see what others recommended.

So then …….

pickle
    Free Member

to be honest, for the money you’d be hard pressed to find anything that comes close to the C456. I love mine and don’t think it’s that heavy at all? infact i thought the box was empty when it got delivered LOL.

Had a blast on mine Monday

rewski
    Free Member

Take a look at Brian Lopes Ibis Tranny on tut other site. I’d seriously look at the Focus Raven 29er too.

P20

Another C456 here. I use mine for XC with Fox 140mm up front and lightweight wheels

letmetalktomark

Hmm.

Looking for 100mm travel frames.

I know the 456 will take a 100mm fork but it seems not too advisable.

avdave2

I know the 456 will take a 100mm fork but it seems not too advisable.

I’ve bought a slackset for mine as I’ll be running it with 100mm forks but plenty of people run them at 100 with normal headsets. I’m just waiting for a new dropout to arrive as my Avid brakes won’t fit inside the rear triangle and then it’ll be ready to go. Hard to beat at £250 and it’s light enough for anything bar racing.

Tom83

Bought one of the cheap whippets the other day. Only managed to get one ride on it so far, but I’m liking it so far. Need to swap the tyres out though, the crossmark was crap because of all the rain. Bike currently weighs 9.4kg acording to the wii, not bad with the wide bars and 2.35″s. The BB went in fairly easy, got an xtr one from rose bikes for about £20 iirc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which carbon XC frame?’ is closed to new replies.