Which canti brakes for cyclocross?

Home Forum Bike Forum Which canti brakes for cyclocross?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which canti brakes for cyclocross?
  • My avid shoty 3s are appauling on the hoods. any suggestions – would you rate any of the offerings on chainreaction?

I have a pair of these on my Kaffenback (road duties only no CX)
    They work well on the hoods. They do lack the facility to toe the pad in, but once the pad has worn a bit you lose any toe in …

grumm

I am debating what brakes to use on my Kaffenback. Some sort of Frogglegs or Tektro Oryx seem to get good reviews.

finbar

You could buy my Tektro Oryxs? Pads are almost finished (cartridge ones though so you just need new inserts), £10 both pairs.

karnali

tektro frogleggs from zepnat a520 or cr520 i think is the model

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

Play around with your set-up a bit before ditching the Avids – the height of the straddle wire makes a big difference to the way they feel, lower is squishy but with more power.

Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

These:

With these:

Stop me ok..

Spot on IMHO

grumm

finbar I might be interested in the Oryx if the OP isn’t. How much for two new sets of pads and what are good? New to this weird non-disc brake business. 😛

Tektro froglegs types here too.

I second what’s been said about the straddle cable. Run it really low for loads of power. I can easily endo the bike while on the hoods.

Gary_M

I’m using Frogglegs too, they are better than the avids. Still **** useless in the wet though.

finbar

Swissstop pads are nice – ive just changed to the ceramic ones. Expensive though! Superstar do two sets (i.e. front and rear) for £6.

Incidentally i’ve switched from the Oryxs to Avid shorty 4s (i wanted black brakes) and have got them working pretty well after muchos tweaking.

cmyk

I reckoned the Swiss Stop would be good-on the basis that the pads on my road brakes are brill.
    Unfortunately I can’t find the canti pads in stock anywhere. Can anyone tell me where I might get some?
    Cheers.

Gary_M

SJS sell the swiss stop canti pads. I wasn’t that impressed with them, very quick wearing and not an amazing difference. Much prefer kool stops.

Michael B

I’ve just got some Tektro CR720 cantilever brakes and some Swissstop RX Cartridge V-Brake Pads. I’m fitting them this weekend so will let you know what I think of them asap if that any use to you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which canti brakes for cyclocross?’ is closed to new replies.