Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Budget Road Wheels?
  • jota180
    Free Member

My Planet-X model B rear wheel has split at a couple of the eyelets so I need to replace at least that one and possibly the pair if there’s a good deal around

What’s about for around £80?
    I’m no 10st flyweight – more like a 13st buffed athlete 😉 – so nothing too flimsy please

TIA

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Shimano R500 C30s. I’m blown away by the quality for the money.

I’ve been having ongoing issues with breaking spokes in my rear wheel this year. I’m not too heavy (70kg) but i often ride with loaded panniers.

When i showed the R500s to my friend and asked if he thought they’d be strong enough, his response was “those rims look like they’d be strong enough WITHOUT spokes”.

aP
    Free Member

Campagnolo Khamsin are pretty bullet proof wheels, although £10 or so more expensive.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonba
    Free Member

Shimano wheels on Ribble cycles.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Shimano R500.

atlaz
    Free Member

Very pleased with my Shimano RS30. Got them from PX relatively cheap before Xmas so I doubt you’ll get them at that price now. The R500 should be good mind.

jota180
    Free Member

Cheers all

Philby

Had some R500’s on my bike for 4 years without any problems despite interfacing with numerous potholes. I’m about 80kg so no racing whippet either.

RustySpanner

RS 30’s here and I’m a right fat knacker.

Done a few thousand miles now and I’m delighted with em. Some off road, too.
    Not as comfy as handbuilts, but they feel like they’ll last a while.

daveh
    Free Member

How old are your model Bs? I had my rear wheel replaced under warranty (2yrs) for the same problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Budget Road Wheels?’ is closed to new replies.