Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which budget compact camera?
  • st

I was given a Kodak C813 for Christmas following a few recommendations but it’s just given up the ghost. I’ve been pretty disappointed with it since I got it, even for a budget camera, so was thinking of getting something else as a replacement.

Any suggestions? Ideally around to £50 mark although I could go up to £70 ish. No more as it is only for snaps while riding.

Battery life on the Kodak was poor although I appreciate that most cheap cameras use AA batteries but the big issue with the Kodak was that images are coming out really grainy and generally crap.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

My experience of buying a compact camera is you need to get up to the £100 to £120 mark before you get anything that is going to take pictures bigger than 6 x 4 snaps

I bought a Panasonic DMC FS3 for £105 off amazon before Xmas and I have taken a few landscape shots that blew up to 10 x 8 quite nicely and I even tried an A4 print once though it was starting to get a bit fuzzy at the edges. Of course if you want something to take top notch crisp pictures I am afraid your going to have to spend £400 plus.

Muke
    Free Member

Spend a bit more and get a Canon Ixus.

paradigmshift
    Free Member

You could check for the image quality of cameras in your price range by searching flickr according to camera model, which would allow you to narrow your search a little.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which budget compact camera?’ is closed to new replies.