Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Which browser do you recommend/use?
  • chickadee
    Free Member

Firefox seems to be crawling like a bloated slug for me at the moment. Chrome seems the next option. Discuss.

clubber
    Free Member

IE9 – can’t say that I have any problems with it.

stumpy01

I’ve been using Chrome for about 6 months and it seems pretty good. There are a few things that don’t work with it – like my HSBC online banking. Most of it is OK, but if i look at a past statement (which opens in a new window using IE) nothing happens with Chrome.

But, it seems to load web pages pretty quickly and on the rare occasion that I go back to IE, I really notice the speed difference.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not noticed any problems with Firefox myself.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Google chrome for me loads quicker than IE.

Doesn’t work for some work applications as they have been designed to run on IE but that’s not a big issue.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve been using Chrome for about 6 months and it seems pretty good. There are a few things that don’t work with it – like my HSBC online banking.

HSBC works on Chrome for me (windows and Mac) – that is for both business and personal banking too.

I prefer Chrome over the others – it just feels that bit quicker and Firefox has an ugly interface.

stumpy01

HSBC works on Chrome for me (windows and Mac) – that is for both business and personal banking too.

What, even past statements? Which was the point I was making. Most of the internet banking works, but if you try to view a past statement, it looks like it’s doing something but then nothing appears. With IE, a pop-up window appears with the statement available to view.

highclimber
    Free Member

Chrome here. I have tried Opera and have Firefox and neither are as good as Chrome IMO. I wouldn’t touch IE with another mans….hand… as it’s so slow and you have to spend half a day telling it that STW, the BBC and every other website is safe, not to mention Hotmail!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What, even past statements? Which was the point I was making. Most of the internet banking works, but if you try to view a past statement, it looks like it’s doing something but then nothing appears. With IE, a pop-up window appears with the statement available to view.

Sorry didn’t read all your post – I *think* it all works fine but not tried it recently. One moment please caller…

clubber
    Free Member

as it’s so slow and you have to spend half a day telling it that STW, the BBC and every other website is safe

I always hear this sort of thing and just don’t seem to experience it. I’ve got chrome installed too but just never end up using it because it doesn’t seem to work any better/faster and some sites are incompatible with it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – past statements works absolutely fine.

ratherbeintobago

Currently using Opera – used it years ago & went back to it about six months ago. It’s very good, but there are the odd sites that don’t render properly.

Andy

GrahamS

Using Firefox here. Plenty fast enough for me and I find the various add-ons quite useful.

Stoner
    Free Member

Chrome for me. Been prety good other than a brief period a few months ago where flash crashes were a pain. Seems to have been fixed.

Love the ability to sync with my google account so all my bookmarks, cookies and forms are available to me on all the computers I have chrome installed on (3)

McHamish
    Free Member

IE6 for me…it’s brill.

chvck
    Free Member

Chrome for me. I use google stuff a lot anyway and the sync stuff works well. I also find it uses less RAM than FF and IE doesn’t run natively so that’s out. I also do web dev stuff and personally I find chrome inspector better than firebug.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Opera, the only thing missing from it is property bee. Exchanging contracts tomorrow so hopefully that’ll be no longer needed.

Actually singletrackworld does some weird things with Opera but nothing important enough that would make me switch to another browser.

highclimber
    Free Member

It’s very good, but there are the odd sites that don’t render properly.

I could never get STW to render properly with it

ratherbeintobago

I could never get STW to render properly with it

Works fine now.

Andy

john_drummer
    Free Member

I was using Safari up until about 2 weeks ago. Their latest “upgrade” means that it no longer remembers the login id & passwords for the various sites I use. Even if I tell it to remember them.

So now I’m on Firefox. Seems ok. IE is pants. big baggy brown corduroy pants with knee patches

xiphon
    Free Member

chrome + various plugins like noscript, *cough* block, etc.

cross platform which is a bonus for me.

bruneep

FF here no issues with speed. What version are you on?

matt_outandabout

Opera here – whoosh compared to bloated Firefox.

colournoise

Chrome.

Clean interface, very compliant and runs quick.

Plus it’s Google and cross platform which for me (Linux home PC, Windows work PC and Android phone) makes keeping everything in sync and accessible dead easy.

slainte 🙂 rob

ebygomm
    Free Member

Got sent this link this morning

It’s Official: IE Users Have a Lower IQ!

samuri
    Free Member

What’s also interesting about that IQ test is the overall lowness of people who took it.

stumpy01

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    Yep – past statements works absolutely fine.

Hmmm, wonder why it won’t work on mine. Not that it’s a big deal. Just curious.

Mounty_73

I had been using chrome for a long time, but I was having issues with a few sites that I use on a regular basis, so now I am back to firefox, no problems with it so far.

I have always found IE a bit on the slow side.

spacemonkey

+1 Chrome.

FF was great until 3.5 then started messing up while becoming slow and bloated. Shame cos it’s very plugin-friendly.

IE I can’t stand.

andytherocketeer

Chromium rather than Chrome for me (ie the fully open source community version rather than the one with a few stealthy Google commercial features).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)#Differences_from_Google_Chrome

Not had any issues, even with stuff like online banking. Greasemonkey userscripts work (directly in Chrome/Chromium – no need for Greasemonky istelf).

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Which browser do you recommend/use?’ is closed to new replies.