Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which Broadband /TV ?
  • pocketrocket
    Free Member

I’ve just moved house and so need to sort my broadband and phone line.
    Having never had it in the past, I’m also considering some sort of TV package as well, problem is, I’m a skinflint and have always made do with the freeview channels up to now. 😀

Anyhow, looking online I’m totally baffled by all the packages and deals that are being offered.
    I’ve just told the missus that the fountain of all knowledge, singletrack, will come up with the answer in half the time it takes me!

It would seem that the previous owners had Virgin Media installed, as their hardware is still dotted around the house, so that would be the easy option.
    My previous broadband was provided by EE, who we also have our mobiles with, I’ve noticed that they seem to do something TV wise as well, anybody got it? Is it any good?

Finally, as well as me and the wife, we have 3 boys the eldest being 8 and I don’t want the TV to become the centre of attention, after all, the reason for moving was for the big back garden!
    On that note, I’m not bothered about having an all singing, all dancing package which costs a small fortune, (remember the skinflint bit!) just more of one for Broadband and a few extra channels for when it inevitably chucks it down outside.
    Over to you and thanks in advance! 😀

reedspeed
    Free Member

Bt !

ffej
    Free Member

We use Virgin for phone and broadband – works ok. Think we’re on a 30MBit package but new installs may be faster by default. I don’t bother with additional channels; just freeview on the TV and a Netflix subscription.

There may be cheaper ways to do it, but Virgin seems reliable for me (others will be along in a minute to tell me they’re rubbish) – at least with one supplier for the line and BB there is one point of fault – no blame passing to BT from broadband company.

J

woody74

If you can get Virgin then this will be the fastest and cheapest nearly always. I found when we moved last year to a house where we could not get Virgin that Talk Talk is a ton cheaper then BT and they offer the Youview box as well. Unless you get Virgin just don’t expect to be connected quickly with any of them. It took us a month to get connected even though the house had a working BT phone line. Bloody ridiculous!!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I’ve just moved to EE, I also have my iPad, mobile, kids and Mrs mobile with them. I am currently trying to get out of the contract as the signal is very weak, nowhere near the same as Sky, and it keeps dropping dozens of times a day. Maybe it depends on the area but I was promised the same quality as Sky but it’s absolute garbage. Unfortunately it looks as though I’m stuck with them until the end of the contract 🙁

spooky_b329

BT, especially if you can get Infinity. And on the occasions when they mess up, like they did on Thursday, and cancelled my broadband (missed engineer visit so I reckon they cancelled it due to no access even though I spoke to them) you can use your unlimited BT Wifi minutes to browse using one of the neighbours connections…like I am now 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which Broadband /TV ?’ is closed to new replies.