Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which bottle cage, bottle and storage pack/saddle bag?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

So thought I would ask about all of my want items in one thread to save asking in mutiple threads!

So I’m after recommendations for the following:

Bottle cage that keeps a bottle nice and secure on the rough stuff
    Bottle to go in said cage – maybe not a massive one as it’s full suss and room is limited
    Some sort of small bag that can go on the frame of under saddle (that would be ok with dropper) to hold tool kit and few small items!

Thanks all. In mean time will have a look at wiggle!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If room is limited, Specialized Zee cage. Excellent kit. I use one for uplift days with a Camelbak Podium and have never lost a bottle.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Will have a look at that one. It’s on a Trek Fuel – so it’s got room but not too much!

concrete24
    Free Member

Wee Cog Slider for the saddle bag?

Slider – for dropper posts

bungalistic
    Free Member

Zee bottle cage as recommended by folk on here when I asked few week ago. Been mint so far, no bottles dropped. It can also be used with their SWAT tool that just bolts on to bottle cage. I use it with a battered Madison bottle I got free at a race, it’s only a 500ml one but it fits in nice & snug.

cheers_drive

Am I allowed to recommend one of my own products?
    The Piggy on bike storage
    We’ve also got a new variant coming out in a few weeks that is that can be fitted anywhere on the frame.

jayx2a
    Free Member

That piggy pack idea looks decent. I have seen some bikers with these small bags strapped down in that position but never really knew what to google!

Dakine Hot Laps Gripper Bag seems to do the same sort of thing?

craig24
    Free Member

I’ll recommend what I use –

Topeak Ninja Mountain bottle cage, with storage for a Topeak mini tool.
    Louri strap for tube, tyre levers and co2.
    Chain link taped to brake hoses.

Yak

Elite
    Elite in whatever size fits
    Wee Cog

trailwagger
    Free Member

That Piggy thingy (TM) 😉 looks ace, but £40 with the pouch!! holy cow, its a little bit of plastic that costs pennies to mould.

jayx2a
    Free Member

So is there such a thing as a good or bad water bottle? Brand to brand so elite bottle in an elite cage?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which bottle cage, bottle and storage pack/saddle bag?’ is closed to new replies.