Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which BMX for a 9 year old?
  • brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ve been charged with getting a bike for my nephew. He wants a BMX, but I know nowt about them.
    Could someone give me a pointer in the right general direction, please?
    Budget, about £200.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Try a Mongoose Program 18,seems a solid pieceof kit, around that price maybe a touch more, santa supplied my 8 year old son one for christmas, when we go to the skate park every kid wants a go on it. With it being the 18″ he will master tricks far quicker, you see the little ones on full size bikes and they can barely do any tricks.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Thanks. Evans have them in at £207, which is within reach.
    Evans’ next 18″ up is a £280 WeThePeople Arcade. Would it be worth it?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Again , another great bike, it just depends if nephews parents want £70 in their pocket. if they are happy to stretch to £280 then it is a very good bike.

_tom_
    Free Member

Wethepeople make good bikes.

brokensoul
    Free Member

It looks like we’ll have to see how many presents he gets as money, then it’ll probably depend on which colour he prefers. 🙄

burmaboy
    Free Member

I ride bmx. I love bmx. I hate seeing kids on huge bikes. Unless your nephew is a lanky kid then maybe the wtp seed 16 is an option . Sick little bike. That or the 18 arcade.

brokensoul
    Free Member

So, the Arcade’s a good one?
    I can see me buying a BMX so I can go out with him.
    It’ll end in tears.

burmaboy
    Free Member

Arcade is fine on for an entry level bmx.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

burmaboy good shout on the size 16… mongoose do a program 16 also …sick bike…and nicely scaled down

jonathan
    Free Member

Minor thread hijack…

I was thinking of getting small BMX for my (not huge by any means) 7 year old as he insists on riding his Cnoc14 to “play” on as it’s clearly easier chuck about than his 20″ wheel mtb – but it is verging on the ludicrous side of small now! I was swinging between 16″ and 18″, but I’m guessing that 16″ will be better then? I had though that but the lack 16s around was throwing me a bit I think.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, folks.
    His mum didn’t want him growing out of the bike anytime soon, so he got the 20″ Arcade. He seems to be happy with it, says it’s awesome.

mamadirt
    Free Member

His mum didn’t want him growing out of the bike anytime soon, so he got the 20″ Arcade

Wow! No chance of that – I bought one last week and it feels absolutely huge compared to my little FBM so it’s now on a well-known auction site 😳 . Lucky lad though – it’s a lovely looking bike.

I can see me buying a BMX so I can go out with him.

Well you know who to call 😉 – mine has spanky upgraded midnight teal Eclat brakes too 8)

antigee

Minor thread hijack…

I was thinking of getting small BMX for my (not huge by any means) 7 year old as he insists on riding his Cnoc14 to “play” on as it’s clearly easier chuck about than his 20″ wheel mtb – but it is verging on the ludicrous side of small now! I was swinging between 16″ and 18″, but I’m guessing that 16″ will be better then? I had though that but the lack 16s around was throwing me a bit I think.

have a daughter v small for age 10 now and prefers to ride pump track so has an 18″ wethepeople arcade and it is the dogs B’s this side of racing
    tried a couple of 20″ bikes but way too stretched out

got a 16″ felt for sale
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-kids-16%e2%80%9d-bmx-20%e2%80%9d-hotrock20%e2%80%9d-girls-retro-trek-trailertag-a-longsheffield-4

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which BMX for a 9 year old?’ is closed to new replies.