Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Billionaire?
  • tor5
    Free Member

News story on the front page about a private bikepark in NZ

Private NZ Bikepark Opens To Local Club

The park is owned by a billionaire who builds similar bikeparks around the world, which are largely for his own riding pleasure.

So – idle curiosity – who is it, where are the other ones* and any chance of getting them opened up too?

* behind the nationwide in swindon, obviously, but where else?

benpinnick

Not sure theres many billionaires that build bike parks, They tend not to be into that sort of thing, but there is a dragons den guy (millionaire) who’s into his free ride. I’d reckon on him.

bruneep

So – idle curiosity – who is it

Hi ya

tomhoward

You too?

Weird

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Not sure theres many billionaires that build bike parks,

I suspect it could be on the rise.

Cycling is the new golf, lots of billionaires play golf, so it’s not too much of a stretch.

slowoldman

ehrob

I’ve ridden in Nelson a couple of years back – and heard about this place whilst there, but fairly obviously didn’t ride it. Great weather, lovely town, awesome hills.

Some quality riding round there as it is – there’s a track there that’s been used the NZ national DH champs and a load of other great trails already there. All it lacked was the infrastructure (i.e. uplifts and stuff) and a bit more more trail investment, and I reckon the popularity of the place would explode for MTB.

Markie
    Free Member

Ken Dart, apparently. Vulture fund styrofoam man.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Jamba surely?

snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

Yeah it’s big Ken…Sounds like an interesting chap…. not that popular in some countries i gather and owns half of the cayman islands

Ridden the Dodzy in 2014 and 2015 and this place is utterly off the charts… best place i’ve ever ridden… including whistler and all the usually suspects.

Can’t recommend it highly enough, the trail building quality is utterly superb / off the chart compared to anything i’ve ever seen.

It should be on everyone’s bucket list.

swillybey
    Free Member

Dart owns a lot of the Cayman Islands and most of the single use cups and packaging you will use in your life time. I know a few people who work for the dart group and have heard he is into MTB so makes sense.

Northwind

Friend of mine bumped into him and got invited out for a private uplift day with him, some of the trailbuilders and some other randoms. I think if it was me I’d not keep it so private but I have to say, just rocking up in and going “Hey you lot, I’ve got a secret bike lair, come and smash it but don’t tell nobody” would be pretty awesome

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Billionaire?’ is closed to new replies.