Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • which bike to sell
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

I have two bikes and need to sell one, Trek Remedy 9 and a Orange strange 5 special one 16″ seat tube and top tube length of an 18″ long and low,

I need to strip and sell one frame and some parts to raise money fairly quickly,

I like riding both and they both have strong and weak points ,

I just cant decide which one its really difficult to know,

can you lot give me a push which way to go thanks 😯

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Sell the trek, you can always get another like it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You can’t sell the strange……end.
    (new car then?)

Whyte1
    Free Member

I’d get rid of the Strange as the warranty is crap but you’ve got a lifetime warranty on the Trek plus it’s lighter and pedals better without relying on propedal

Rorschach
    Free Member

No he has’nt 😉

Whyte1
    Free Member

I’d still keep the Trek though

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have that feeling that yes I can always get another Trek and the Orange is a rare special, I bought the Trek 2nd user 😀 Trek it is then.
    Just bought some Ti offset bushes for the Orange so it would be a shame not to try them, :mrgreen:

rotten
    Free Member

Would love to buy the orange frame. Selling by any chance?

Jeffus
    Free Member

Hi rotten I was watching one on ebay last night went for £1220 ,

having seen that I was tempted, mine has a CK head set that I would leave in.

Mine was one of the 15 made.its Neon green. Shock has just been serviced Fox RP23 by Mojo, and it had the Maxle replaced for the maxle lite non-taper, and I popped some fresh swing arm bearings in last month, because I thought I should. 😀

And a set of Fox 32 150 Tals Rl Fit taper, 15mm qr forks, now has a reverb , coil shock is a Push’d Van R with Ti RCS spring it rides superb with this shock, 😀

andyl
    Free Member

Keep the Orange. you’ll regret selling it surely?

And there is always plenty of spare parts for it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Office-Equipment-Supplies-/25298/i.html?_nkw=filing+cabinet

😉

Jeffus
    Free Member

andyl, filing cabinets made me laugh, 😀 swing arm is fugly but works maxle makes it ubber stiff, tight if you wanted a bigger tyre in there 2.35 is snug. Put my 36’s on and its super stiff is a real point and shoot bike.

Northwind

OK, the Strange is rare but does it really work any different to a normal Five? If not, well, why does it matter if it’s rare?

(OK, I’d rather have a funky Strange than a boring Five but then I’m an idiot)

rotten
    Free Member

Hi Jeffus, I was also watching ebay, in fact I was the second highest bidder @ £1200. Own an 08 5am at the moment and love it but looking to up date to a newer 5 soon. If you decide to split email me (in profile) and we could maybe do a deal.

elaineanne
    Free Member

…a boring five -Northwind ? …. you must b jelous then ( and yep u r an idiot (hahaaha) 😉
    sell the Trek..

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’ve decided on splitting the Trek and its sadly for sale , in the for sale forum bit. 😥

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘which bike to sell’ is closed to new replies.