Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which bike rack for a Freelander?
  • robarnold
    Free Member

A customer at work wants a bike rack but has got one of the Freelanders with the wheel cover and extra brake light sticking out of it. Regular spare tyre racks (we stock the Hollywood ones) won't fit, nor will a Thule towball rack because the tyre protrudes too far.

Being a consciencious bike shop worker, I thought i'd put out some feelers and see if there's a viable option for her without breaking the bank. She's only short so roof bars aren't an option.

Any ideas??

Cheers

robarnold
    Free Member

Thanks CF, i'll have a look at them.

Eurocycles, Isle of Man. Look us up if you're over for the end to end!

br
    Free Member

I've a 3 bike Thule ride-on, and my wife has the older style Freelander.I can get 3 bikes on, as long as the one nearer the car sits with the front to the right.

The problem is though that the rack is too 'high' and consequently you can't open the rear door with the rack on – which is a total pain – for this reason only I'd look at others, and check the clearance.

If it was my car I'd have looked for another rack.

domino

We had the Pendle bike rack CFH posted above that straps to the spare wheel. Alas we got ride of the Freelander but we still have the bike rack if your customer is interested, my email is in profile. Its all in good nick but would be a pain to post, where are you?

robarnold
    Free Member

I'm in the Isle of Man Domino, so yes, postage might be an issue. How about you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which bike rack for a Freelander?’ is closed to new replies.