Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Which Big Boy DH Guys Were Up Skiddaw?
  • d45yth
    Free Member

No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better

The OP should know that only too well. I think he’s forgot that he used to sulk when folk on cheaper bikes than his used to beat him at the local time trails.

I wasn’t there though, and only heard it from my mates’. I guess that must be because he spouts this kind of nonsense on a regular basis?! 😛

maxtorque

I can’t believe that people really worry that other people ride stuff (or don’t) that they do? So what? It’s just bikes. Get on one, have fun, end of.

sq225917
    Free Member

A shame the sequence of these events weren’t reversed really.

rOcKeTdOg

odafett – Member
    I want to here more about his mate who’s waiting for his new 650B to arrive. He sounds even more awesome (why would someone even write that?!)

Got in quick before 650b took things beyong the awes-o-meters ability to measure?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Sounds like an xc rider with a big chip on his shoulder.

As above, could have been down confidence, ability, mechanical problem or just fancying riding something different.

There will always be riders who are better/faster than you that you can learn from so don’t take this piss out those who aren’t, everyone has to start somewhere.

You’re always welcome to pop down to some of our local tracks and be taught a thing or two

xx

handyandy
    Free Member

i am not a COCK

Hmmmmm…

dannyh
    Free Member

Pointless shit thread started by someone with a shit attitude.

My indifference-o-meter is practically red lining.

justatheory
    Free Member

The only person who should be hanging his head in shame is the OP. Keep us posted about your mate’s 650B though.

nuke

^ dannyh sums this thread up well for me

wigburt
    Free Member

Guys, this was us! First time up skiddaw and it was amazing! Yes I have a confession, I enjoy having suspension on my bike. And I own a full face helmet and knee pads. Massive respect to those guys on the cx bike and mongoose. Bigger balls than me! Two of us were on froggys and one on a nomad. Full Dh bikes? Hardly. Going Down the way we went up was a lot of flat out fun. Only cos we couldn’t be arsed with the road back to the van. We did however go back on Thursday for ride off the scree down to ullock. Hands down my best descent in the lakes. Strava king Op is 20 seconds behind me now. And where’s this pint you bought us? Busted! You say you’re between bikes? Load of tripe. There’s always a way to get out. Your mate was on a rigid mongoose! Stop making your excuses of not having a bike with the wheel size mbr tell you to have a get out! Mine’s a loweswater gold pal.

dannyh
    Free Member

Chuckle.

The OP protests he is not a cock, but unfortunately he has amply demonstrated the opposite.

Life does have a way of sorting pillocks out. Remarkably quickly in this case too……

JEngledow
    Free Member

Life does have a way of sorting pillocks out. Remarkably quickly in this case too……

We didn’t even need one of these:

dannyh
    Free Member

I wonder if the OP has ever watched this:

Would probably suit him down to the ground.

stoney
    Free Member

Wigburt!, firstly and most important, Sorry for the “all the gear” thing… Yes i was being a cock (too many friday beers in front of a pc) Sorry…. 😳

Seconly, Nice 1 for nailing Skiddaw/ullock, arguably the best decent in the area…..Front of Grizdale pike to B.waite comes a close second….. 😉

Thirdly….to most of the others, yes i was a bit of a cock…then we all are sometimes?. My point was that it was funny when the others said what had happened…..and in my wisdom with a few cans on board i thought it would wind you all up….and in true ST mannor, thats exactly what happened……I should really appologise to you all if i hadnt been reading this and chuckling to myself……

FWIW, i genueinly am “between bikes”, Stripped and sold the Ti 456,and only have gay road bikes as back up….. and as of mid week this is what the new one looks like…..Hopefully wont be too much longer…

Anyway, Wigburt, we are normally in the bank tavern afterwards I`ll buy you that pint, No hard feelings? 🙄

dannyh
    Free Member

Fair play for showing some contrition OP, but isn’t 42 years of age a bit late to be learning these kinds of lessons?

Most of us got cut back down to size after being busted adding some ‘lash tax’ to a story in the yard of the pub at the age of 16-17.

Still, every day is a school day. As smug cocks like me sometimes say.

stoney
    Free Member

Never too old to learn something! 😉

bren2709

Stoney – your my Hero, wish I could ride a bike like you……… Go back to your village, it’s missing its idiot!

Can see another can of worms being opened with the “Gay road bike” comment!

stoney
    Free Member

I was taking the p’:s at myself then you muppet!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Nice office seat.. 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

Is this lack of self-awareness something that has caused you bother in the past? That’s a semi-serious question because I can’t believe you’ve got this far in life without this kind of thing blowing up in your face! And I don’t just mean on some Internet forum.

Get someone to take your metaphorical spade off of you, stop digging, and have a lie down and a think.

**** me, now you’ve lured me into indulging my penchant for being patronising.

Maybe you are a genius in (a very good) disguise…………

stoney
    Free Member

Eh?

stoney
    Free Member

Ay Up Gav, a recent addition to the front room! great frame stand though…. 😉

bren2709

Yeah Animal if I say so myself!

wigburt
    Free Member

Stoney, no offense taken mate. Fair play for coming back on. A lot of people would’ve never opened a thread like this again! Maybe see you up there one day.

stoney
    Free Member

Froggys and a Nomad….cool, will keep an eye out! 😛 BTW, do you guys ride in the dark?, we often see other lights dotted around during the dark nights…
    Just curious.

dannyh
    Free Member

dannyh – Member
    Is this lack of self-awareness something that has caused you bother in the past? That’s a semi-serious question because I can’t believe you’ve got this far in life without this kind of thing blowing up in your face! And I don’t just mean on some Internet forum.

Get someone to take your metaphorical spade off of you, stop digging, and have a lie down and a think.

**** me, now you’ve lured me into indulging my penchant for being patronising.

Maybe you are a genius in (a very good) disguise…………

POSTED 52 MINUTES AGO #
    stoney – Member
    Eh?

POSTED 50 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

The disguise theory seems disproven.

It was meant to be a light hearted post showing how we all have personality traits that we ought to try to sort out.

It was also meant to point out that these are far ‘easier’ to display by being a prat on an Internet forum rather than real life.

And have a little dig whilst I was at it.

I’m not staying where my work is not appreciated, though.

stoney
    Free Member

The penny`s dropped!

TheSanityAssassin

Having just read all that, I’d like to point out that the comma character is located on the same key as the @ character.

andynichol
    Free Member

I set myself a challenge to clean Jenkins hill two years ago I went up there last week and just managed about 90% failed at the rocky section just before the gate half way and again at the rocky section near the switchbacks near the top. Still managed to bag 4th on the way up to the gate at the bottom of little man but had to call it a day as it was getting dark and managed to get 6th down Jenkins hill which was a good fun. There are better ways down but as i live in Keswick it was just a quick jaunt out. I always wondered if anyone has cleaned this and i think it is quite doable with enough power in the legs.
    oh heres my strava link http://www.strava.com/activities/200172585/segments/4717408867

stoney
    Free Member

Aey Up Andy… I have cleared it twice in the same summer, 4 years ago (no Strava then). Allmost cleared it last year, got wheelspin at that steep bit before the gate, i usually get to there no probs and if you are on a good day and nail it then you have a good chance of the rest. Had another go on the new Ibis a couple of weeks ago, again stalled at the same point but managed to pedal quite a lot of the rest. but i am 43 and it`s getting harder!!!! 🙄
    My Stave times are farly slow as usually with a group and so travell together, have`nt done it on my own…

boxelder

I know 3 or 4 who have ‘cleaned’ it, but sadly not me – I lose the steering when I have to let go with my right arm to push my lungs back down my throat. Reckon I can do it all in stages, but loose and dry at the moment (or until this morning).

stoney
    Free Member

Your right boxelder…worse when bone dry cos the ground is like marbles. A little damp semms to bind it together and create a little more grip. 😆

My lungs feel like bursting and my legs simply hurt…I`m getting too old for that sort of stuff!!! 😉

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Please can someone give me a grid reference for this hill that you’re discussing cleaning.
    Can’t work out if it’s Jenkins Hill or part of Skiddaw, or both.
    Fancy a crack at it.

cheers

boxelder

From town, up latrigg to car park, Jenkins, summit. The steep bits after the gate on the way up Jenkins are the problem.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

WHAT?
    Just looked on the OS Map, Jenkins and Skiddaw are indeed the same bit of track.
    Are you saying you’ve cleaned that from the car park to the summit of Skiddaw?

Wowsers, respect.

stoney
    Free Member

No gr needed. It is the only path from Latrigg car park to the top of Skiddaw.

From the car park follow the fence left and left again through 2 gates. At the second gate stay left into a short steep climb, over the top and down to the “bottom” gate. Engage low gear and see how far you get……

From this gate it is REALLY HARD 😯 until it levells out. This is Jenkin Hill. It then continues to a gate where you go behind little man ( its obvious at this point not to go up and left but straight on). This next little bit is a restbite until it climbs steep and loose to the last gate. You`re then just 5 mins away from the first decsent point (the very first pile of stones you come to)

stoney
    Free Member

DID it really take me that long to type that ????? 😳

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Which Big Boy DH Guys Were Up Skiddaw?’ is closed to new replies.