Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Which Big Boy DH Guys Were Up Skiddaw?
  • stoney
    Free Member

Last Thursday night 24th ?????

If that was you? then you REALLY need to hold your heads in shame….

3 of our local riders spotted some DH guys with proper big DH bikes, full face helmets etc who then chickened out from going off the front “down the zig zags”….1 of them had kinda set off down but then stopped, had a look, then turned round and walked back up. They then set off down the easy way (Jenkin Hill, the way up!!!, which i have cleared more than once pedalling up. :oops:)

The 3 locals were watching and then set off down the “zig zags”….. OK, that may not be a problem normally BUT, when 1 was riding a CX because he was in simpathy of the other 1 who was on a RIDGID Mongoose (while he waits for his new 650b FS to arrive)The other 3rd guy was on his “normal FS”

If this was you and youll know who you are?, then you really should hold your heads in shame!

All the gear and NO IDEA! 😳

jam-bo

You rock.

Meh

wiggles
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

stoney
    Free Member

I bought them i pint each “afterwards” in the pub…..and we LOL`d 😆

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Now your really bigging yourself up, you didn’t buy them a pint without knowing them did you?
    Edit, or did yo mean the AWESOME people you were riding with?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I bought them i pint each “afterwards” in the pub…..and we LOL`d

All the gear and NO IDEA!

So did you tell them or not?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yeah, people who buy full downhill bikes AND full face helmets should be able to hit everything at full speed, clear every jump, drop and basically throw themselves at everything without a care in the world. I’m glad you pointed out these shameful, cowardly human beings to us. We need their names so we can humiliate them further.

Identify yourselves!!!

carlos
    Free Member

SO???

They were out in the hills, prob having fun, giggling a lot, rode some stuff, started off riding down something but changed their minds and then get slated by some cock on STW who wasn’t even out to witness it 🙄

No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better

andytherocketeer

realised that bit was a footpath, so changed mind and took the bridleway?

breadcrumb

Using the phrase “all the gear, no idea” makes folk sound like a dick, reverse snobbery.

I see plenty of people on nicer bikes with more gear than me, fair play to them is their money they can spend it how they like.

And rigid only has one d in it.

stoney
    Free Member

carlos!

Good that they were out “enjoying” themselves….. but if they have that kinda gear then they should be able to keep up with a CX and mongoose!.The riders of said bikes have a MOJO and (did have an Alpine 160, waiting for his new 650)

I was`nt out cos i am “inbetwwen” bikes as well, + i am not a COCK, cos i have nailed this on my 465 HT, several times!. Still top 10 on Strava (i think without looking)

So shut up! OR come n have a go yourself! 😉

stoney
    Free Member

breadcrumb… They went down the way i can ride up!

mcnultycop

I quite fancy a pop at Skiddaw. If I push up I’ll wear a full face coming down; why wouldn’t I? As I don’t know the route I may chicken some bits.

Which is the best (legit, non cheeky) route?

andytherocketeer

there’s a law for what’s an up route and what’s down route?
    I can ride up most of the downs I’ve ever done.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

but if they have that kinda gear then they should be able to keep up with a CX and mongoose!

Is that a fact or just your comprehension of what people should or shouldn’t be capable of?

(I wasn’t there BTW, I was at work so it wasn’t me)

I was`nt out cos i am “inbetwwen” bikes as well, + i am not a COCK, cos i have nailed this on my 465 HT, several times!. Still top 10 on Strava (i think without looking)

Your’e a cock just for saying that bit. 😆

breadcrumb

As in back towards Latrigg?

It’s a good no brains downwards blast.

I only ride Ullock Pike for the first time a few weeks back, it is a way cooler descent but can see why folk could feel out of their depth.

You really shouldn’t judge people for what they ride though, that’s not cool at all.

singlespeedstu

I’m kind of with you OP.
    But maybe you should have told them at the time instead of later on a forum.

carlos
    Free Member

Who says that if they have the gear they have to deliver the riding?? That’s just bollox!

Top 10 eh, my hero. oh and you certainly come across as a cock and from my experiences it’s other that decide.

It’s just people riding, if their not comfy with it, so be it.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

A week later seems fine, **** would you lot know, he’s top 10 on Strava!!!1!!

stoney
    Free Member

Touch a nerve did i carlos? I agree that people can ride or not what they want, thats fine...but these guys had proper big bikes and all the kit, and couldnt/did`nt follow a cx, ridgid HT. I mean come on…..

But we DID LOL when it was described…..

breadcrumb, I mean Jenkin Hill….. Latrigg in its self is a cracking blast, (after roughly 8 in the eve), Ullock is by far the best desent round here……

i text`d my mate, (the 3rd guy) and said i would post a thread/argument….

I could see it happening,

ncnultycop…sadly nothing legit 😉

fergal
    Free Member

Why would you ride a CX bike down Ullock pike, no fun Shirley, riding is all about willy waving innit.

PS. Stoner you have cleaned the whole climb up Skiddaw, likely story, stop bogarting the joint.

stoney
    Free Member

TBH fergal, they did`nt go down Ullock that time…..Carlside, (even harder)

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Is there any point trying to understand what he’s written or shall I just imagine him doing a whirlybird?

Lets have a link to your Strava so we can have a proper swoon.

stoney
    Free Member

Oh, btw fergal… I have cleared the whole climb ! So there!

jekkyl

Stoney, you cycled up the front of skiddaw, up Jenkins hill? Without putting your foot down? From Keswick or the car park? Some going if you did, how you manage the gate just before the climb off to little man, bunny hop?

stoney
    Free Member

From town!

The fist time i had to open the gate 2/3 up Jenkin Hill cos i was first there, Kinda leant forward, pushed and carried on, just a minor dab, and if you hold that as a fail, Then i`d like to see you try it.
    Second time i held back to begin with, the gate was held open and i carried on….

Damn near did it last year as well, Age 42!, just a couple of dabs…..

timthetinyhorse

I do hope this little tif is still growing today so i can sit back and kill some night shift time enjoying it

ekul
    Free Member

When I grow up, I wanna be just like yoooouuuu *swoons*

allthepies
    Free Member
    iamroughrider
    Free Member

probably quite sensible for not riding something they felt uncomfortable with. May have had an injury..and problem with the bike..??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep but it’s a very long push/shove to find that one out 🙂 I’ve only once done the straight down version (BW route up) and it felt like being a kid again and going really fast was cool for about 2 minutes then it was a bit dull but at least we got back to the pub quicker.

bigrich

I beat a roadie on a fancy Bianchi up a road climb, and overtook a full suss bike on a singletrack descent on my CX on my commute on Thursday.

I Rock!

arrpee
    Free Member

You’re 42?

Really?

akira

People riding bikes – good.
    People slagging off people riding bikes – bad.
    I also presumed you were about 17, try being a good rider and a good ambassador for the sport.

chakaping
    Free Member

OP might not reply for a bit, probably got a hangover.

🙂

jodafett

I want to here more about his mate who’s waiting for his new 650B to arrive. He sounds even more awesome (why would someone even write that?!)

ruffride
    Free Member

I saw a guy in a Porsche the other day he was only doin 25 in a 30 shame.

jodafett

I said hear……honest

soobalias
    Free Member

im not sure if im enough cock to join this thread

*checks*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Which Big Boy DH Guys Were Up Skiddaw?’ is closed to new replies.