Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Android Tablet?
  • Olly
    Free Member

I think i am finally giving up on the playbook. Hardware is still as good as new, and its still a really good machine, but the support dried up two years ago and the interwebs has moved on since then. Also, ZERO apps available.
    I might retire it as a media player or something.

Which Android tablet would the panel recommend? Ideally something that is going last well….

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Aren’t they all going to last well ? You can get them for next to nothing these days . I saw a small Samsung for 109 quid today in pc world .

allthepies
    Free Member

Tesco Hudl 2 is cheap and good.

spawnofyorkshire

I have a lenovo s8-50 that’s cheap and a decent size. Not quick but does the job and very little bloatware.
    The nexus 9 is actually an alright bit of kit but you’d need to find it on sale to be worth buying over some of the cheaper ones

fubar
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 which is good quality, high specs but certainly not the ‘best value’ (£349 minus a £50 cash back offer which may be still on). I’m happy with mine and expect it to last a good few years knowing the specs are higher-end. The Samsung tablets around £200 also looked pretty decent when I had a quick test and would have done the job for now.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Depends on your budget – I really rate the Tesco Hudl and Hudl 2 tablets – have owned both!

The original Hudls are on Tesco website for £49 refrubished as new with a years warranty, Hudl 2’s refurbished at £79, new Hudl 2 at £99

seosamh77
    Free Member

hudl2’s a cracking tablet.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Very happy with it and its running fairly up to date software.
    In Fact the wife also has 1
    If you want something cheaper/smaller and a bit out of date then the Google Nexus 7 is fantastic.

johnners
    Free Member

Samsung is decent quality hardware, the bloaty crap they overlay on Android is awful though. Shedloads of proprietary nonsense which you never use nagging you for updates you don’t need and which you can’t uninstall without rooting.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Bought a tab 3 10.1 for my lad from argos returns for 160 quid. does the job.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

+1 Hudl2 through your Tesco vouchers for £50. Unbeatable.

lovewookie

Samsung is decent quality hardware, the bloaty crap they overlay on Android is awful though. Shedloads of proprietary nonsense which you never use nagging you for updates you don’t need and which you can’t uninstall without rooting

this^ for all samsung devices, eventuallt they slow down to a crawl.

best thing to do with them as soon as you get them is root and delete alll the crap, or install a vanilla copy of android.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Discounted Lenovos been raved about here previously?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Android Tablet?’ is closed to new replies.