Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which AM type helmet?
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

My trusty Giro Xen rubber side straps on the suspension system have basically ‘rotted’ over the past four years constant use and since then there is a whole raft of new helmats in the all mountain greater coverage style but not too many reviews out there from owners. Whilst the Xen is comfortable and robust I am a real sweaty baldee heeded bloke and find the worst thing about the Xen was lack of venting/cooling on the climbs and of course warm days.
    The new Xar seems to be a bit flaky on the reviews I have read in that the new roc lok 5 system seems to break easily.
    I have looked at the Spesh Vice as it apears to be very good value but the last review I read on Pink bike mentions a pressure spot on the top of the head felt by a number of users- this would not be good for a baldy head let alone someone with hair.
    I cannot seem to get on with Bell or Met helmet shape as I have tried a few on.
    So oh wise Singletrack collective give me a steer on what else to try before I buy……

grantway
    Free Member

Buy new parts for the Xen off of Chain Reaction

Suggsey
    Free Member

The bit thats rotted I believe is embedded in the actual helmet and not removeable but now you suggest it I will have to have a look see.

Northwind

4 years is a pretty good life for a helmet anyway.

Worth looking at the Fox Flux or Striker… Flux is a pretty basic, clunky design- heavy and bulky- but I got on well with mine, till I killed it. Now using a Striker which has a tiny bit less rear coverage but is otherwise miles better.

Suggsey
    Free Member

You beauty….one new set ordered, you saved me £50, some Karma coming your direction…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which AM type helmet?’ is closed to new replies.