Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Which alarm system to avoid being buggered senseless?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Houses two doors either side of me have both had their back doors done in the last year. Feel a bit like there’s a set of crosshairs over mine.
    Any alarm system recommendations? How much do you need to spend in order to get something that’ll do the job for an average semi?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just fit a cat flap. It’ll hurt less.

grahamt1980

Action man underpants, prevention better than cure

dave661350

Start by looking at how you’d get into your house if you lost your keys….easily ? Fix those issues. With difficulty ? You’re halfway there. I don’t have a house alarm, never have had, relying on hard security instead. (sorry, doesn’t help the ‘what alarm question’

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Depends how much you want to spend and functionality.

Personally having had one go wrong recently (surge killed main board) I’d recommend a professionally fitted alarm with a maintenance contract. Given the choice if access to floor boards is easy I’d go with a wired system, loud siren and loud internal siren (hurts ears when going off)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Can you get a maintenance contract for your back door?

RobHilton
    Free Member

average semi

😯

zzrmatt
    Free Member

Are you looking for bells only DIY type fit or a monitored professional alarm that will be insurance approved?

May be worth looking at Texecom bits from http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/

Other than that patlock on french doors http://www.patlock.co.uk, higher spec door handles to prevent euro lock snapping http://security-hardware.co.uk/mila-prosecure-pas-24-2-kitemark-door-handle-92mm-122mm-screw-to-screw-chrome-dh-4677-ch and an anti snap lock.

None of which stops a brick through the glass and them getting in and out with some of your stuff if they really want in.

arrpee
    Free Member

Ahhh, my first satirical clone thread. I really feel like I’ve arrived.

Strangely, some of the answers are as useful as those on the original thread.

In answer to the OP, just make sure you don’t leave any implements lying around the garden. My neighbour had his back door pryed open with his own shovel.

whatgoesup

cloudnine
    Free Member

Looks like alarms are a bit useless.. Once they get in there’s no stopping them. Like the idea of superhero pants!

grizedaleforest

Backed up with a real dog or not!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hmmmmm.. A very small yappy breed could work I spose.

votchy
    Free Member

Geese are a better deterrent than a dog, they make so much noise even the most intent burglar will foxtrot oscar pretty sharpish 😉

footflaps

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My neighbour had his back door pryed open with his own shovel.

😯

footflaps

Strangely, some of the answers are as useful as those on the original thread.

Yep, quite disappointing….

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I think CCTV could be more of a deterrent, you could fit a system yourself (Swann are good) have an app on your phone that allows you to access the cameras when you are away from the property. Stick signs up making people aware you have CCTV too.
    Back it all up with a self fit YALE wireless alarm.
    That’s what I’d do.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Which alarm system to avoid being buggered senseless?’ is closed to new replies.