Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which 29×2.6 rear tyre?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

I’m after a decent all round 2.6 tyre for the rear (29×3 on the front) and riding rigid.

Recommendations please?

damascus
    Free Member

Riding rigid too and dipping into the plus size 29er tyres for the first time.

I’ve just bought some nobby nic 29×2.6 tyres to test but still need to build my wheels.

What rims are you using? Ive narrowed it down to stans flow mk3 or halo vapour. Did look at the hope wheels but they don’t get very good reviews and they are fairly hefty.

guandax
    Free Member

DHR

bonzodog
    Free Member

damascus

Riding rigid too and dipping into the plus size 29er tyres for the first time.
    I’ve just bought some nobby nic 29×2.6 tyres to test but still need to build my wheels.
    What rims are you using? Ive narrowed it down to stans flow mk3 or halo vapour. Did look at the hope wheels but they don’t get very good reviews and they are fairly hefty.

Well for the 29×3 up front Im running a Surly Dirt Wizard on a Stans halo rim (54). The rear is a Stans Sentry – tyre TBC. Both on Hope hubs.

Northwind

Couldn’t find one I liked, got a 2.35 rock razor which is almost the size of some 2.6s Weird that nobody makes a 2.6 semi slick

damascus
    Free Member

@northwind

Couldn’t find one I liked, got a 2.35 rock razor which is almost the size of some 2.6s

On what rims?

Northwind

Lightbicycle carbons and WTB i35s, so 30mm and 35mm inside width respectively. If skwabbly would make me a bigger rockrazor or maxxis a minion ss I’d be on it like a shot as I really like big tyres.

marsbarman
    Free Member

Running a Spesh Eliminator Grid on the back of my Slash. It’s a brilliantly grippy tyre but once climbing gives plenty grip whilst not being too draggy.

fatbikedog
    Free Member

I have just built up a Stooge Speedball and have Crox Duro 29×3.25 on the front and Hans Dampf 29x 2.6 on the back. Both on Halo Vapour 50 rims. I know some wil say 50 is to wide for 2.6 but it works for me.I wanted it be good in the wet slop and so far I am really pleased with the both tyres, they grip on most surfaces, cleas mud and roll well. I will probably try something fatter on the back come summer.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Does the Hans Dampf come up pretty 2.6ish?

bonzodog
    Free Member

…and where dya get it from?

fatbikedog
    Free Member

Hans Dampf comes up to size. Igot it from bikediscount.de

andykirk
    Free Member

I can confirm that a 2.35 Rock Razor is both big and excellent.

swanny853

Northwind, i think the guys at nsmb gave the 2.6 Bontrager se2 a pretty solid review for that sort of use.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which 29×2.6 rear tyre?’ is closed to new replies.