• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which 29er boost wheelset?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Looking to convert my fuse 650b plus to 29er for those muddy horrible winter days, seeing that speshi are doing this years stumpy in 29er but 650b plus compatable, so what wheelset would you recommend? Merlin used to be the place to go? Still the case?

Alex

I’m a big fan of American Classic’s – if you can get a cheap deal as while they are boost spacing, the hub flanges don’t extend past 142/110. Lovely wheels tho.

Failing that Stan’s Arch Mk3 or Flow Mk3 with Hope hubs would be my next choice. Built (well a mate did) my own this time, but I’m sure that combo is going to be available somewhere.

sweaman2
    Free Member

As above. Stans Flow on Hope would be my 1st choice. Not used Merlin in a while so can’t comment on that aspect.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

How much are you looking to spend?

transition1
    Free Member

A cheaper option is the Stans Flow S1 or Arch S1

metalheart
    Free Member

I went with DT XM481’s on Hope Pro4’s.

Got em hand built from Eighteen Bikes who have a decent reputation and were reasonably priced.

Not a ‘cheap’ option though…

BoardinBob

Superstar doing 20% off wheelsets before the end of September.

I’m running their boost hubs with no problems. Ran their hubs for years with no issues.

LMT
    Free Member

Thx I wanted the cheaper option as it’s just for winter but was unsure what and where to look. Will try superstar see what they have, although hope hubs are tempting.

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s a set of Mavic Cross Max boost 29er wheels in the classifieds, if you have a SRAM cassette I’d go for these.

LMT
    Free Member

Hhmm it’s a custom sunrace 10-40t

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er boost wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.