Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which 29er 120mm fork.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Looking at getting a new fork. Currently running a 130 RS Rev with 51mm offset but I want the regular offset and 120mm. I brought the revs off here as they were brand new and I wanted to finish my build. This was a bit of an impulse purchase, oops.

There are so many options out there for new forks I thought I’d see what people are running at the moment. It’s for a Stanton Sherpa, budget wise I don’t really have a limit but but I can’t imagine me going over the £500 mark.

danti

Thought 51mm was the regular offset on 29er forks?

I’d look around for some Pikes, maybe 2nd hand and get the travel reduced with a new air shaft. You can get them off CRC.

z1ppy

I’d say Pike are the default option for me, but they have a taller A2C than normal RS 32mm stanchion forks, and as the Sherpa was built around a normal 110mm fork, it doesn’t sound like a best option* for that frame.

*That not the same as it doesn’t work

beamishblue

Full build Sherpas have Fox 34s?

bomberman
    Free Member

Maybe we could do a swap?

I’m looking for pikes too really but second hand 29er pikes are thin on the ground here it seems. I have a 2015 120mm Reba and would like to go to 130mm. It’s in mint condition, new in July this year and not had many outings.

If they are solo airs i could be interested…

mboy
    Free Member

teadrinker, I’ve got a 120mm Air Shaft for the Revelation if you want it… Get in touch, I’ll work out a price.

Having ridden the Sherpa with both a 46mm and a 51mm offset fork, can say it definitely rides better with the 51mm offset. 130mm is too tall though, to be honest 120mm is still a bit tall on a Sherpa. 100 or 110mm is better as it drops the BB a bit, and the already slack head angle is slackened further making it feel slower to steer.

bomberman
    Free Member

obvs depending on the year and condition of your forks there would be money your way

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er 120mm fork.’ is closed to new replies.