Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which 24" girls bike recommendations?
  • c9tln
    Free Member

As above for my daughter,has anyone got any good recommendations? Thanks.

GW
    Free Member

for what? (type of riding)

br
    Free Member

Trek MT220 was (and still is) a good bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CHB

Halfords had some good ones last year. Isla bikes are good too, but never owned one.

c9tln
    Free Member

Just general riding around,she’s got a giant taffy mtb at min so something similar I suppose.

genghispod
    Free Member

DMR Drone – almost unbreakable and very cool.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Marin Bayview Trail girls is lovely!

GW
    Free Member

for top(ish) end…
    Light with decent spec – Isla
    pricy but light and well spec’d – Scott
    reasonably light but more Durable – Spesh
    mid price (but decent)..
    Ridgeback
    Carrera

if for some inexplicable reason you want expensive, massively heavy, won’t actually fit, no vertsatility (gears/tyres/fork) and totally overkill for a 9? yr old girl go with Gengh’s recommendation of a DMR Drone! 😉
    (as is the 1st rule of bike recommendation on here, I’m guessing he has one himself 😆 )

c9tln
    Free Member

Ha ha ha GW,pretty funny,I reckon it might be slightly overkill for her,will check the others out.

xdownhiller
    Free Member

my daughter had the giant she has a spec hotrock bombproof

hamishthecat

I have a 24″ wheel Hotrock for sale if the OP’s interested. Older steel frame version, quite well used so more a first mountain bike than a spangly present. My daughter used it from age 7 to 13.

c9tln
    Free Member

Cheers mate but it’s a pressy so best get a new one.

c9tln
    Free Member

opted for this one,built it up today and very impressed,think she’ll like it. http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/giant-mtx-225-fs-kids-bike-silver-id54080.html

matt_outandabout

We have Kona Hula 24 – ace wee thing, great handling, OK spec, but a frame geometry more suited to the shorter end of things (quickly outgrown).
    We also have a Scott Jr Racing 24″ and it is lighter, faster, better spec but a geometry more suited to the taller lot – took him longer to get off the 20″ but now fits much better compared to brothers Kona.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

For general riding my gf`s daughter has a Dawes Bandit.More towards a hybrid,but probably suits most kids of this age better.Cheaper than the alternatives too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which 24" girls bike recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.