Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which 1.5 to 1 1/8 step down headset for an mmmbop
  • MadBillMcMad

I know of the Hope one and the Da Bomb one.

It is to fit a Pike to a mmmbop.

toons
    Free Member

Don't buy a FSA pig; the seals are really really poor

DT78
    Free Member

I went with hope. Shame there isn't a few more options out there.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I'm running an FSA Orbit Z 1.5r – it's like an internal headset so very little stack height.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure that Cane Creek do an XX step down one.

supinerider
    Free Member

I've got a BNIB Hope going spare. Would have to post from Sweden though so it might not end up being so cheap. Mail in profile if you're interested.

Got an Mmmbop too but I'll hold on to that. 😉

EDIT: Got an Orbit Z1.5R on the Mmmbop but only got it to reduce stack height because of a short steerer. Seems fine as far as headsets go. Sealing could perhaps be better.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I've used Superstar's Grande Bambino on several builds – bargain. Nice low stack height. Just keep an eye on the bearings (but they're dead easy and cheap to replace if necessary).

z1ppy
    Northwind

I went for Hope in the Hemlock, usually I'd go with FSA as they usually offer the same quality for half the price of Hope but at the time they didn't really have anything to offer in reducers. The big fat pig's heavy and not very good, the Orbit Extreme was too expensive… But maybe there's more choice now.

kamina
    Free Member

I have the Cane Creek XCII flush step down. Very smooth and light. Recommended.

BenjiM

I second not buying the FSA pig, it's a bugger to fit and it's bloody heavy. If I can get the thing out and replace it I will do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which 1.5 to 1 1/8 step down headset for an mmmbop’ is closed to new replies.