Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which 140mm Forks
  • fathomer

I’m looking for a set of 140mm for the TRc I’m building, got about £500 to spend.

Top of the list at the minute is a set of RCT3 Rev’s, I also like the idea of the 34mm X-Fusion Slants but the fact you can only fit a 203mm rotor is putting me off.

So, anyone got any other suggestions?

Clobber
    Free Member

You want a rotor bigger than 203?

Got a set of 140 revs for my buzzard build and really liking them so far. Heard a lot of good things about the slants but not tried them

boxfish
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I was in your position earlier in the year. I went for some second hand 36 floats and dropped the travel down.

Now I’ve fitted an avalanche damper. It’s the perfect fork.

fathomer

Clobber – Member
    You want a rotor bigger than 203?

No, smaller 🙂 . The Slants are 203mm and nothing else unfortunately, as I’m pretty sure I’d be buying a set if this wasn’t the case.

Think I’m just going to go with the Rev’s, not sure on DT’s and don’t want the weight of the 36’s.

Cheers

Gee76
    Free Member

New Pikes (bit pricey yet tho!!)

Could chop down the disc mount on the slants!!!

stevede
    Free Member

Onzadog – intrigued about the avalanche damper for your 36’s, i’m guessing you’d recommend the upgrade then? I’ve got a lowered 140mm 36 float r on my ti slackline, love the stiffness but the damping could be better.
    Apologies for thread hijack.

honourablegeorge

I think there’s a tweaked version of the slant that allows a smaller rotor

br
    Free Member

Magura Thor/TS8’s, and they’re configured for a 180mm rotor – so also save needing an adaptor.

fathomer

Gee76 – Member
    New Pikes (bit pricey yet tho!!)

Could chop down the disc mount on the slants!!! Pikes to pricey and don’t think there’s a 140mm? Certainly won’t be chopping anything other than the steer.

honourablegeorge – Member
    I think there’s a tweaked version of the slant that allows a smaller rotor

Not sure about that, I’ll have to give Upgrade a ring but both the LBS’s I’ve spoke to have confirmed only 203mm.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stevede, yes, expensive but well worth it. I’ve got one on my 160mm van36 and one on my 130mm float 36.

Let Craig know you’ve reduced the travel and he tweaks the damper at no extra cost.

honourablegeorge

fathomer – Member

Not sure about that, I’ll have to give Upgrade a ring but both the LBS’s I’ve spoke to have confirmed only 203mm

I read it on Pinkbike somewhere, so yeah, pinch of salt, but worth checking

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which 140mm Forks’ is closed to new replies.