Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which £1000ish 29er
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m going to be taking the plunge . .

I’ll be using it on the road a fair bit too which is worth of consideration . . .

I like the KHS Yuma or Jamis Dragon (Steel) or the Canyon Grand Canyon AL 7.9 which is a little more over budget… but has fox bolt thru forks -it’s listed at 1049 how much on top of this will it actually end up being any idea?

Anyone have experience of the Yuma or Dragon?

somouk
    Free Member

I’m sure Trek do some sport based 29ers in that price range depending on how gnar you intend to get on it. There was one in the classifieds on here not long back as well.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

most of the riding will be off road . . . but cycling to work is an option too

tony24
    Free Member

You wont find nothing to match the spec of that canyon.

j40aja
    Free Member

On the Canyon you need to factor in the price of the bike box and postage, should come in under £50 but keep an eye on the exchange rate and if it keeps improving then the price of the bike and p&p will come down.

I’ve got a Nerve XC8.0 on order and it came in at £1619 for the bike + a spare mech hanger + the bike box and delivery ended up being £1679.
    2 and half weeks to dipatch (WC 25) can’t wait.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers…

i’m a bit stuck on sizing on the Canyon . . . it says Medium for me, but having done research people have been saying it’s not reliable and t the top tube is shorter compared to the recommended KHS.

I’m a smidge under 6ft – longer torso than legs, legs 32″…

Anyone had any experience on with this?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

it looks small on the photo… im convincing myself that large would be better, the stanover on that is high though, compared to the standover on the suggested medium i’d be on with the KHS?

j40aja
    Free Member

The size calculator kept saying I would need a large, but at 6’4″ and 35″ inside leg I questioned it.
    Give Cullen at Canyon a call or e-mail and he’ll be able to keep you right. He recommended anyone over 6’2″ go for XL but sizing may be different on a 29er.

will
    Free Member

The spec on that Canyon is just crazy! You’d be crazy not to get that! If I hadn’t just sourced a number of SH parts i’d be getting one for sure.

johnnystorm

I’m more or less 6′ and the Medium Canyon is fine for me. Arrived at the size using the calculator.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah I was wondering about being a medium to (also about 6ft and 32″ inside leg), I’d be tempted to go large and get a slightly shorter stem if I had to.

andyl46
    Free Member

I’m 6ft5, 36 inside leg, my XL 8.9 feels fantastic. I shortened the stem by 10mm, but thats just fine tuning.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which £1000ish 29er’ is closed to new replies.