• This topic has 317 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Esme.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 318 total)
  • wheres this cairn(?)
  • sadexpunk

If I was in his shoes, I wouldn’t have wanted to go through the same scenario again.

he did actually apologise that it was missing in this photo 🙂

He’s slipping. That was way too easy! It’s on the opening credits to Countryfile…

i must be getting better at working out which ones are going to be tough to locate. soon as i saw this one i though you lads/lasses will get it pretty quick.

sadexpunk

NEXT!

Mr_C
    Free Member

That’s about 100 feet back from the last one, with a bit of snow added.

martinhutch

I must admit, this one has me beaten. 🙁

ElShalimo

It does look like it’s from Blea Tarn again

sadexpunk

I think you’re right!! Hadn’t twigged that.

Thanks 🙂

lowey

Blea tarn looking at the Langdales.

sadexpunk

latest……

ElShalimo

the first one coud be anywhere but I reckon between Ambleside and Skelwith FOld
    the second one is the Bronwen Nixon footbridge over the Rothay at Ambleside
    third one is at Skelwith Fold

sadexpunk

aaaaand some more….

4. hmmmmm…….hes after the room number again 😀

plenty to go at there you clever peeps…..

sadexpunk

bumpity bump

sadexpunk

im not going away you know….. 😉

sadexpunk

*cough* where are all my lakes experts????

ElShalimo

These are a lot harder as there are no landscape features to recognise

sadexpunk

you mean hes finally got me?? :’-(

sadexpunk

hes badgering me, thinks hes got me so i took a look at some of the other pics in the album for clues. hes being sneaky!! looks like hes in the cotswolds!
    heres another few pics to see if anyone recognises them but i cant expect any of my lakes experts to get em realistically so ill start another thread asking for cotswolds advice 😉

creagbhan

The plaque behind the bronze firefighter statue is at Stratford upon Avon frie station. No help with the rest

rascal
    Free Member

Far more interesting when there’s actually a cairn or a mountain/view in it 😳

sadexpunk

The plaque behind the bronze firefighter statue is at Stratford upon Avon frie station. No help with the rest

youre right, nice one, my ‘cotswolds thread’ suggested maybe moreton in the marsh, but youre spot on its stratford. so……..no 6 could also be that station and he maybe never went to moreton at all.

good work 🙂

rascal, i dont care whats in the pic, i just like astounding him with ‘my’ knowledge 🙂

mangoman
    Free Member

At the risk of being a hotel room geek, he’s staying in either Stag Lodge or the White Hart in Stow-on-the-Wold. Not sure which room though, both next to each other.

mangoman
    Free Member

Sorry, just seen the other thread. 😳

sadexpunk

dont apologise mate, im keeping my eye on both threads 🙂

ive emailed both hotels asking them for room info, see if they come up with the goods 😉

sadexpunk

back on track with the lakes, i believe hes been to borrowdale area. can you help with any of these photos please?

thanks 🙂

lowey

1. Stonethwaite camp site ??
    2. Bridge into Grange
    3. Brandlehow Jetty
    4. Millennium Stone, Derwentwater
    5. Brandlehow Woods.

sadexpunk

thats quick, thank you. how sure are you on the campsite?

lowey

80% ish…

sadexpunk

boo, my first fail :-/ im told no 2 above is the bridge into seathwaite farm, not grange, its about 2 miles away apparently. ah well, cant win em all. hes given me another couple now, and looking at the full set of pics on facebook he may be in the same area? think this set are titled seathwaite farm too. anyone care to pinpoint them for me?

ta 🙂

sadexpunk

bumpity bump…..

whitestone
    Free Member

The first one is at Honister Slate Mine. The second one is at the top of the old trackway above Honister

sadexpunk

thank you very much 🙂

sadexpunk

latest……. looking at his other pics it looks like he was round the great langdale area?

thanks 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

whitestone
    Free Member

Gibson Knott, it’s on the ridge between Helm Crag and Calf Crag. Harrison Stickle is the prominent bump on the skyline.

Second one of the four is Calf Crag.

sadexpunk

so do i understand it that 2 is different to 3? so no2 is calf crag and no 3 is gibson knott?

no idea with the others?

thanks 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

Yes. The first one is an indeterminate point on the ridge, I think it’s around here

Number 2 is Calf Crag

Number 3 is Gibson Knott

The drystone wall could be anywhere! But it’s made from quarried slate rather than field stones.

The picture davidtaylforth posted is also Calf Crag.

The crag behind and right of the person in the first three shots is Deer Bield Crag, you can see fresh scree beneath the LH side which is the result of a huge rockfall in 1997 – it was effing huge, about 40 metres high, 20 metres wide and 10+ metres in depth.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

High up on Whitburn path up Helvellyn – birk moor or something like that. Judging/guessing by the elevation., thought Seat Sandal at first but wrong angle I think

whitestone
    Free Member

This is the view from Birk Side

You can’t see any of the Helvellyn/Fairfield range from the base of Deer Bield Crag so it can’t be that far back. Here’s another view from the summit of Calf Crag

I meant to say that Davidtaylforth’s shot is from Gibson Knott not Calf Crag.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thx I like that website

sadexpunk

ElShalimo

between Langholm (Dumfries) and Whita Hill
    Cairn for Langholm Common Riding

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘wheres this cairn(?)’ is closed to new replies.