Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where’s The Path on a Chromebook
  • toonfan
    Free Member

I’ve managed to work out how to create a route using where’s the path on my Chromebook. I can’t for the life of me work out how to export it to my Garmin. Can anyone HELP, please??

codybrennan
    Free Member

Can you not export it to the file system on the CB (by which I mean download it), plug the Garmin in as a USB store, and then move it across?

toonfan
    Free Member

When I hit the export button a box pops up with a load of text in it and I can’t seem to see what I’m supposed to do after that.

PJay
    Free Member

Next to the “Export” button is a drop down menu; I think that you select “GPX > File” and then click export.

toonfan
    Free Member

Next to the “Export” button is a drop down menu; I think that you select “GPX > File” and then click export.

I’ve tried Pjay but just get a box full of text popping up and I’m stuck. I should have bought another windows machine!! 😂

rossburton
    Free Member

A TCX would be better on a Garmin, I believe.

toonfan
    Free Member

A TCX would be better on a Garmin, I believe.

Yeah I agree but have no clue to get it on the Garmin.

CraigW
    Free Member

Which version of Where’s The Path are you using?

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve just checked, and assuming it’s the same as on my browser (Safari) and using WTP2*, it’s quite confusing. You have to click Export, then change the dropdown box to “GPX > File” then click the Export button which is confusingly to the left of the drop down.

Alternatively, copy and paste the text from the website into your text editor of choice and save as .gpx. Make sure the text editor doesn’t automatically append a ‘text’ file extension (E.g.”file.gpx.txt”) and you’re all good to upload to your device.

* https://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

toonfan
    Free Member

Thanks for that Superficial. I’ll give it a try later on when I get home.

toonfan
    Free Member

Which version of Where’s The Path are you using?

https://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

sirromj

My garmin 510 handles gpx files no problem. on that I copy the gpx file into the GARMIN/NewFiles folder.

toonfan
    Free Member

Sorted now. Thanks to all for the help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where’s The Path on a Chromebook’ is closed to new replies.