Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Where’s the nicest campsite in Britain you’ve stayed in?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Got some time off, and gonna take the Mrs and the Dog camping..

Give me some inspiration of where to camp.

Have car.

Will happily rape the planet drive 8)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Probably either Burnbake near Studland, or Abbott House Farm, Goathland, North York Moors.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Caravan and camping club one at Boot, Eskdale. I’ve been to others on the west coast of Scotland with better scenery but the one at Boot has a really relaxed feel about it and a few great pubs too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sango sands this is the view

It may be a tad far for you – its on the north coast

lowey

Fisherground – Eskdale

Knight Stainforth – Settle

Wont go far wrong with either of them mate.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thats two votes for Eskdale – different camp sites though.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Cloud Valley Farm Exmoor Coast

turboferret

The missus and I spent a couple of weeks camping in Wales last summer, and the nicest one we stayed at was Cae Du.

Close to a railway line, but not many trains, and right on the coast, picture doesn’t really do it justice.

Cheers, Rich

Nick

Eskdale is great

Little Meadow in Devon is very nice

Cae Du nr Tywyn is cool even if trains do run right past your tent (incredibly quiet ones though)

Graig Wen is probably the nicest though, unless you mind the walk to the long drop toilet

Nick

wow spooky, two recs for Cae Du within seconds! Don’t forget you can have fires too.

Sandwich

We went here at Easter. The local pub is a short walk away and does fantastic food and beer.

druidh
    Free Member

Glen Brittle on Skye.
    Back of Keppoch – or indeed any site on the Arisaig/Morar coast.
    Another vote for Sango Sands
    Rothiemurchus
    Glen Nevis

scruff
    Free Member

Cau Du Beddgelert in Snowdonia, not Tywyn.

http://www.caeducampsite.co.uk/

coffeeking
    Free Member

Another vote for Cae Du (Not the Cau Du one!):

But dont spread the word too far, like trails – you can wreck them if they get well known!

Not a pub in sight though, if you like that sort of thing.

FallOutBoy
    Free Member

EaseWell Farm on the north Devon coast is great. Golf course, restaurant (open peak season), pub on site. 2 pubs in Morthoe within 5 min walk and about 1/2 walk/ 5min drive from woolecombe beach

Richie_B

Glen Brittle on Skye (location makes up for none 5* facilities)

turboferret

About the trains in Cae Du, they aren’t so quiet if you pitch your tent as close to the railway line as possible – possibly not my most sensible decision ever 😀

The big stones for camp-fires are great until you manage to reverse over on with the car, not being as careful as you might, and wreck a tyre in the process 🙄

We woke up one night to some clattering, to find a hedgehog was finishing up the scraps in the pans we’d left outside, which was most amusing – we bought some cat food for him the next day 🙂

Oh, it was an STW recommendation that I followed to stay there in the first place, so thanks guys!

Cheers, Rich

Nick

We were right by the wall next to the line, trains were totally non intrusive, I don’t remember them running late into the night but if they did they didn’t wake me.

Nick

Campfire FAIL at the Beddgelert Cae Du

snowslave

Another vote for Eskdale. Great riding from the door too. The downhill from Burnmoor Tarn to Boot is to die for, so long as done early before there are walkers about.

Burrowhayes Farm, Porlock – Exmoor. Another one with ace riding on your doorstep.

Gruff
    Free Member

the quiet site in the lake district. just of ulswater.

Lovely basic old fashioned bar basic facilities, £8 a night. But best of all there’s no lights and in good weather you have a perfect view of the milky way

uplink
    Free Member

We quite like Burrowhayes farm

http://www.burrowhayes.co.uk/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Where’s the nicest campsite in Britain you’ve stayed in?’ is closed to new replies.