Where's the Dr Who thread ?

Home Forum Chat Forum Where's the Dr Who thread ?

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Where's the Dr Who thread ?
  • Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

It’s not the biggest or easiest genre to crack.

Most sci-fi shows have fallow periods or run out of ideas at some point.

Another one on the list is Battlestar Galactica (remake). Excellent for a couple of series, then nose-dived into storylines that were totally implausible in the universe they had taken so long to carefully construct.

It’s a shame that Eccleston didn’t last very long – he was ideal for the part. Tennant was OK, mainly supported by some excellent writing, Matt Smith was an interesting choice, but the writing and storylines were poor.

I’ll give Capaldi another go, but wasn’t encouraged by the costume drama and recycling decent villains as best mates.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Really enjoyed tonights, another ***** episode could’ve been quite dull, but this was a good twist on it

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

Vod? That’s a surprise!

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Just starting the Xmas one, looking good so far

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

The Xmas episode was ace, capaldi finally settled into the role for me, and Clara was………..just Clara ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Does Clara need to be any more?

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

That was good

higthepig

Really enjoyed it, favourite Capaldi one by far, or did I dream it……….

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

Hell no……….. ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

Disappointed Inception wasn’t on the DVDs to watch list…

Really good episode though. Capaldi now definitely in my top three (in no order it’s him, Eccleston and Troughton).

chewkw

I haven’t watched Dr Who with this new bloke since he started … not sure why …

However, I can never get bored with all the Star Trek episodes, Far Scape, Red Dwarf, Poirot, Columbo, Sherlock Holmes (the old ones with Holmes looking like a Dracula) and Miss Marple. Battlestar Galactica is alright if nothing to watch …

In the meantime Xmas stuff are shite … ๐Ÿ˜ก

Kunstler

Excellent episode. Loved all the film references. Either I was just looking for them after so many or the Interstellar bit was just coincidence.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The entire episode didn’t make a jot of sense.

Loved it to bits, highlight of the series.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Yeah her Xmas day planner was great, but thrones marathon, ! That’s a lot of hours plus all those films

CountZero

somafunk – Member
    Hell no……….. ๐Ÿ˜€

Spot on!

IanMunro

Yeah her Xmas day planner was great, but thrones marathon, ! That’s a lot of hours plus all those films

I googled thrones marathon as it wasn’t a race I’d heard of.
    My TV zeitgeist is a bit dated ๐Ÿ™‚

LMT

Felt like it had been written for one of the previous doctors not the current one, hhhmm average must be better next season.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Felt to me like it was a coda to his journey this season, character wise. We’ve had the “am I good man?” arc and concluded that, eh, he’s all right. We’ve arrived at the Doctor trying to do the right thing with the universe whilst being a bit grumpy, from a starting point of “bastard.” It’s worked well, I thought.

It’s what was supposed to happen with Colin Baker, only it got shitcanned before they got to that point.

Premier Icon oldnpastit
    Subscriber

I’ve avoided watching it as I don’t think I could stand the disappointment again. Is it worth trying?

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Better. At least it seemed to be more about the Doctor and not all about Clara.

CountZero

Better. At least it seemed to be more about the Doctor and not all about Clara.

I’m perfectly fine with there being lots of Clara, she’s a smart cookie, and already pretty clued-up on how the Doctor ticks, so she’s been rather ahead of the game.
    Now the Doctor is getting hisself sorted out, he’s starting to show his teeth a bit, and getting Clara back where she should be, as his companion and helper.
    For too long Companions, by and large, tended to just be someone who ran around a lot and screamed at appropriate moments, but now they’re people who are smart and who have ideas of their own, which balances things up a bit more.
    I really like Capaldi, I think he’s making the character his own, showing doubts about how he should deal with the power he has.
    After Tom Baker I lost interest, all the subsequent Doctors, until Tennant, were just a gaudy, camp joke.
    Hartnell’s still the best Doctor, but Capaldi is starting to get close. IMHO, of course… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Not sure if you lot are aware, but there are programmes for adults on TV occasionally ๐Ÿ˜†

crankboy

DezB not sure from that if you have watched Dr Who since the 80s.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Where's the Dr Who thread ?’ is closed to new replies.